Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Great film. It's such a shame you weren't able to get it in on time.

You're right about your actors, they do have a great chemistry together. They both felt so natural.

I liked the look of this a lot and I especially liked that it didn't end in violence, which was a nice twist, because I definitely thought it was coming.

So, well done, and thank for sharing it.

2. Collapse Details
    Nice film! Although I am partial to everyone dying in the end this was a nice change.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkpot View Post
    Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to get it uploaded late late tonight (thanks to the extended deadline).

As for the H4n... I used my Rode shotgun mic and had phantom pwr at 48. On my DVX this mic sounds great. With the H4n, all I'm getting is a super low recording level (even when cranked up)... it's nothing but mud. Not sure but maybe the xlr inputs are a novelty and I should have just used the onboard mics.

@Mike - If I end up selling it I'll shoot you a PM.
    I'm just curious, why didn't you use the dvx for sound?

"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting"

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    "Plus, I couldn't get it chopped down to 6 minutes without it feeling way too rushed. "

this has happened to me almost every fest. and you're right, when you chop it down the story
    doesn't work as well. sometimes you gotta make 2 cuts, a dvxuser cut and then a directors cut at the final length. in terms of bad sound you gotta just ADR the whole thing. sucks but its necessary.
    Yeah, I wanted to do two cuts but ran out of time on top of it all. Since everything was so rushed and last minute I just couldn't get it done. I'll revisit the audio at a later date and possibly see if the talent wants to do ADR for the hell of it.

Hey, they still let me upload the film for "exhibition only" so check it out if you're curious. I did end up using the audio off of the h4n anyway.
    -
    -
    -

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Messineo View Post
    Great film. It's such a shame you weren't able to get it in on time.

You're right about your actors, they do have a great chemistry together. They both felt so natural.

I liked the look of this a lot and I especially liked that it didn't end in violence, which was a nice twist, because I definitely thought it was coming.

So, well done, and thank for sharing it.
    Yeah, the gun poster can really throw ya ;) Thanks for checking it out and I'm really glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Keaton View Post
    Nice film! Although I am partial to everyone dying in the end this was a nice change.
    Well, for the next fest I'll probably kill off everyone... since it'll be the spring fest, it might have a "love" theme like Love Fest in the past... hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmagic View Post
    I'm just curious, why didn't you use the dvx for sound?
    Because I'm phasing the DVX out and was really wanting the H4n to do the trick. I got some tips that I'll try with the H4n but if I have to shoot anything soon, I'll do just that. The DVX is a great cam, even now.
    -
    -
    -

6. Collapse Details
    oh you did get your film uploaded - i loved this! seriously, everything. this was one of the first films i watched. i thought the sound was fine? whats the ptoblem?
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

7. Collapse Details
    Great film Stinkpot! I liked everything about it. The acting was wonderful, good chemistry between the two of them. That guy has to be the dumbest 'hitman' I've ever seen...even a kid knows you don't shove a gun down the front of your pants! LOL.
    The camera work was good, maybe just a few more medium shots to get a better idea of the surroundings. I know you had trouble with the audio, but it felt like the music was too loud also.

Guns...but hey, no one got shot...that we know of... There was the rest of the night and I'd never trust a woman with a gun.

Really good job on this one, it was a pleasure to watch. Thanks!

8. Collapse Details
    Great to see this. Very nice piece, and too bad it's not competing. Next time....

Aside from the audio issues, it looked great, had great dialog and very good acting. I like that it's just a conversation. I think that's one of the more difficult things to do- have two people sit down and talk, and keep it engaging, which it was.

Thanks for sharing!

9. Collapse Details
    Just watched it and have to agree your actors had great chemistry. Wasn't sure where it was going on the intro, you definitely caught me off guard with the story. Very professional looking, think you did a great job on this one!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
    Director Reel: https://vimeo.com/39714929
    Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/goodluckpictures/videos

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    oh you did get your film uploaded - i loved this! seriously, everything. this was one of the first films i watched. i thought the sound was fine? whats the ptoblem?
    Thanks Defcon. I had fixed the sound somewhat since posting my initial rant. Now that I've uploaded it, I've since gone back and tweaked it even more and it's vastly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    Great film Stinkpot! I liked everything about it. The acting was wonderful, good chemistry between the two of them. That guy has to be the dumbest 'hitman' I've ever seen...even a kid knows you don't shove a gun down the front of your pants! LOL.
    The camera work was good, maybe just a few more medium shots to get a better idea of the surroundings. I know you had trouble with the audio, but it felt like the music was too loud also.

Guns...but hey, no one got shot...that we know of... There was the rest of the night and I'd never trust a woman with a gun.

Really good job on this one, it was a pleasure to watch. Thanks!
    Thanks a lot Zaza! Yeah, the gun in the front of the pants is more symolic than anything -haha!

I agree that the music is too loud... it needed to be run through some filters as well (like room reverb and a lowpass filter for bathroom scene) since it's supposed to sound like it's playing at the bar and not a soundtrack to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Joy View Post
    Great to see this. Very nice piece, and too bad it's not competing. Next time....

Aside from the audio issues, it looked great, had great dialog and very good acting. I like that it's just a conversation. I think that's one of the more difficult things to do- have two people sit down and talk, and keep it engaging, which it was.

Thanks for sharing!
    When I first read the script I was kind of worried how to poull of a 6 minute conversation... but the bathroom scene breaks it up a bit.

Thanks for checking out!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodLuck View Post
    Just watched it and have to agree your actors had great chemistry. Wasn't sure where it was going on the intro, you definitely caught me off guard with the story. Very professional looking, think you did a great job on this one!
    Thanks alot GoodLuck! Personally, I'm surprized we got a decent look out of it since the lighting in the place was awful and one of my kit lights blew a bulb right when we started. Overall, my favs are the CUs after he sits back down.
    -
    -
    -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast