Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Beautifully shot and lit. Thought the story was well written and the score was a good fit. Thought the actor's voiceover delivery was weak, but that the in scene acting was fair. This one is definitely one of our favorites.
    Last edited by DC Ninjas; 03-09-2010 at 12:37 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    I thought this one was very well shot and had a great look to it. The cinematography was great. It was a little dialogue heavy for me personally but I also might have a mild form of add. Very nicely done, and was a great intimate character piece.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the comments guys.

4. Collapse Details
    ...thoroughly impressed overall as I was watching it. great job!

5. Collapse Details
    poetic!

i really dug some of the lines and liked how she went on about a snake and how he works that into his own sad and frustrated thoughts about their past.

congrats on your film !

i saw quickly that this is based on a short story - thanks for passing on the link to it - i am going to give that a look later.

6. Collapse Details
    Great job!

I loved the writing, the performances, the cinematography, and the score. Everything was so atmospheric. Your aesthetic reminded me of, "Let the Right One In".

The voiceover was ok. I think what it lacked was something on the technical side of things. The recording sounded too up front, too in your face. That could easily be fixed without having to rerecord anything. I think the performance of it was well done.

Excellent work.
    Music & Film : noct.us | Last.fm | Vimeo | isara.com

7. Collapse Details
    Great work, LOVED this one!
    Spyfest Entry = "Check" ---- Hallowfest Entry = "The Circle" ---- Twilightfest Entry = "Hello Hello"

8. Collapse Details
    i really dug some of the lines and liked how she went on about a snake and how he works that into his own sad and frustrated thoughts about their past.
    That was my favorite part of the short story. I knew we had to work it in somehow.
    I loved the writing, the performances, the cinematography, and the score. Everything was so atmospheric. Your aesthetic reminded me of, "Let the Right One In".

The voiceover was ok. I think what it lacked was something on the technical side of things. The recording sounded too up front, too in your face. That could easily be fixed without having to rerecord anything. I think the performance of it was well done.
    Hadn't thought of "Let the Right One In." Awesome movie though, I'll gladly take that compliment.

I get what you are saying on the Voice Over. We might play with some reverb or something when the fest is over.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It's finals week here so I haven't been able to comment on any of the other films, but I've made sure to watch and rate them in between exams.

Keep the criticism coming, we love to see how we can improve.

9. Collapse Details
    Powerful film! Looked great (snow was sweet!), sounded great...acting, cinematography, edit...all on mark.
    One of my favs.

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks Zaza!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast