1. Collapse Details
    DIY Monitor Tripod Mount
    I just received my Lilliput 7" 669 monitor and decided to make my own mount for my Bogen 501 and sticks. It uses PCV pipe my favorite raw material. This design allows adjustment of the monitor and does not put it too high on top of the HMC 150. This is useful for the standup green screen stuff I mostly do where the camera needs to be at eye level.

Here's what it looks like:
    CameraMount.jpg CameraMount1.jpg
    The design allows you to swing and orientate the monitor in any position around the camera independant of the camera. It also allows the monitor to act as a teleprompter right under the lens if you use and external computer to feed the Lilliput.
    MonitorMountParts.jpg

I noticed that the overscan on the 7" #669 is close to the reference marks on the HMC 150 built in monitor as seen in this superimposed picture.
    Overscan.jpg

enjoy

2. Collapse Details
    ^^ hey that looks pretty good!!

3. Collapse Details
    very nice I want to make one

4. Collapse Details
    Good job! Who needs an isreali arm! I used to make electronic drum sets out of PVC pipe. I love that stuff.

Andrew Hoffman
    Vice President
    Specialized Communications Corp.
    20940 Twin Springs Dr.
    Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
    800-359-1858
    301-790-0103
    Fax: 301-790-0173
    andrewh@spec-comm.com
    Skype ID: Spec-Comm
    www.spec-comm.com
    www.twitter.com/speccomm
    Please visit our online store at http://www.spec-comm.com/store. We are dealers for: Angeniux, v3, Panasonic, JVC, Manfrotto, Kata, Formatt, Reflecmedia, Sennheiser, Hoodman, Switronix, Ikan, Litepanels, Schneider Optics (Century Optics), Zacuto, Dolgin Engineering, AJA, Black Magic, Adobe, DV Film, Grass Valley, Cinetactics, Matrox, Quantum, Barry Green's Video and Books, 1 Beyond, and many more. Priviledged to be a Panasonic Factory Authorized Service Center.