Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    T2i video out: mini-HDMI!!
    i haven't seen anyone post this yet, but canon says the T2i has both a SD video out as well as a mini-HDMI output.
    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...elTechSpecsAct

without owning one though, i can't tell if it allows live monitoring while shooting.

however, as someone else mentioned, you can monitor live via a usb connection to a computer running Canon's EOS utility or Aperture 3.
    http://www.macworld.com/article/1464...ek_t_cbstories

this seals the deal for indie filmmakers!

2. Collapse Details
    You can also hook it up to your computer and do some time lapse videos that are larger than 1080 since your using stills and not video.

3. Collapse Details
    Yes you can live monitor and playback of your photo/video via HDMI.
    I tested it out yesterday via HDMI and Vizio 1080P LCD TV.

4. Collapse Details
    When shooting video, what resolution does it output?

5. Collapse Details
    ... and what framerate?

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    There's countless threads on the T2i's output via HDMI already. It'll output HDMI, but it doesn't mean it's high def. Once you hit the record button, the resolution significantly gets reduced, making it more difficult to pull accurate focus. Tested first hand on my buddies T2i on my SmallHD monitor.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuse-WS View Post
    There's countless threads on the T2i's output via HDMI already. It'll output HDMI, but it doesn't mean it's high def. Once you hit the record button, the resolution significantly gets reduced, making it more difficult to pull accurate focus. Tested first hand on my buddies T2i on my SmallHD monitor.
    there are now.

8. Collapse Details
    You might want to do a search prior to posting. Also, this probably should have been posted in the Canon Forum...

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by soniviz View Post
    You might want to do a search prior to posting. Also, this probably should have been posted in the Canon Forum...
    do you really think us 'senior members' didn't search for this info before posting here?? either contribute or don't.
    i purposely started this very focussed thread to solve the issue of not finding specific answers.
    since posting, others have added video-output-related comments on other threads with bits of information, but it's a big mess of multiple topics and discussions.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKMORE View Post
    I did look around, but the camera has only been out a short time so just the most recent posts will have up to date answers.

So far they point to distorted stretched SD images. There are a lot of options with screen proportions in computer resolution so on a laptop, or PC the display changed to compensate for the distortion may be one solution.

My T2 finally arrived today so I will be running a variety of tests with it and may be able to resolve this. I'll post some answers if it works.
    My comment was aimed at the OP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast