Thread: Deceivers

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    Yes, it's my apartment. The walls are white, I have things that I didn't want in the shots that I couldn't move (too big and heavy), and the kitchen (where the bulk of the film takes place) is like 5ft x 3ft. I even had to borrow wall decorations from one of the actresses just so there was some kind of set design to break up the white walls (or have huge movie posters all over the film). And because of the size of the kitchen I couldn't really get lights into it without burning myself or the actors, so I went with all practical lighting. When I thought of using all practicals I did some lighting tests, and it actually looked better than I thought it would. It wasn't perfect, but it was acceptable to me. So overall I'm pleased with the film and like any film I learned from making it, so there's a plus!

I have a Zeiss ZF set consisting of a 35, 50, and 85. The 28 is on the way and I'm still hunting down a 21 and 100 to complete the set I want to put together. I think the 21 is the one that would have really been needed, but it's difficult to find a good deal on it.
    Last edited by Mike@AF; 03-11-2010 at 05:46 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    I guess I spoke too soon. The rest of the lenses are on their way and will be here in a couple days. Finally found some really good deals. Makes me wish BetrayalFest came along a couple months later. Oh well. I have them for the next time.

3. Collapse Details
    "Deceivers" is an Official Selection of the Valley Film Festival and will screen at the CAP Theatre in Sherman Oaks, CA on Friday, November 12th at 5:00pm. More info can be found at http://www.valleyfilmfest.com/valley...pp/films/1307/. Tickets are supposed to go on sale very soon.

I forgot to post about it here before, but "Deceivers" was also an Official Selection of the LA Shorts Film Festival in July. LA Shorts is an Academy Awards qualifying film festival, and although we didn't win, it was an honor to be recognized and screen with that group of films.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678