Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Rise of the Beast-the new feature from STARS Pictures
    Updated 3/21/2012
    NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD!!!

Leap: Rise of the Beast
    "The Greatest Deception In History Is About To Be Revealed"

Synopsis:
    In the near future, the world leaders have given up their power to Vatican City. While most rejoice at the thought of world peace and religious tolerance, Shane Turner and his Leap Crew aren't buying into it. It's not long before they identify the papal power as the Beast of Revelation and speak out against it. In response, the Vatican sets out to hunt down the Leap Crew. The end has begun.

Background:
    "Leap: Rise of the Beast" is my third feature. When we decided to do a sequel to "Leap", we knew it had to be bigger and better. "Leap" is very much a youth group oriented film. It almost feels like a Sunday night movie. With "Leap: Rise of the Beast:, we decided that we wanted to do a $30 million action flick for $500,000. Our funding source fell through so we are self financing again. This isn't your typical Christian film. It's a Bourne-esque Christian film. I mean, let's face it-Most Christian flicks are dramas or B-movie apocalyptic pieces. Not that there's anything wrong with that, (I like those), but we wanted to try for a real action film. Something that even a mainstream audience can enjoy (and maybe get a bit of a message too). Also notable is that this film is the first feature length film to be shot on a Canon Rebel T2i with kit lens only. In doing so, we've tested all the myths that surround DSLRs and kit T2i in general and discovered that there really isn't much you can't do with these cameras.

Goals:
    Create a killer action movie that introduces people to a different view regarding the end times then they're used to.
    Have a similar feel and tone to the Bourne series
    Shoot on HD
    Have a 5.1 Surround mix
    Continue to act as writer, director, editor, cameraman and be responsible for the visual effects and some music(ie: Do everything myself-Because I enjoy doing it and want to get better)
    Continue to push the limits of my software (Sony Vegas Pro 9, Adobe After Effects CS4, Photoshop CS4, Blender 2.49, Mixcraft 4.5)
    Push the Canon T2i to it's limits and beyond
    Show to people that I have grown as a filmmaker since Leap and can handle a film with an intricate story, amazing stunts, and seamless effects when needed, AND show people that I do know what I'm doing.
    Get people to see the film: Self Distribute, multiple theater screenings, and maybe even just pass out free copies at Sundance

For BTS, Vlogs, and the Production Blogs, vist starspictures.org and facebook.com/leapmovie
    I don't know how often we'll be posting on here, so check my website often for updates.
    Last edited by El Director; 10-05-2012 at 06:42 PM.

-Shot in El Director Vision-
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK

Writer/Director/Producer/Cinematographer/Editor/Composer/Stuntman
    Canon 550D with Magic Lantern/Adobe CC/Cinema 4D R15/Mixcraft 6

Wulf-2008 | Leap-2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast-2011 | Leap: Revelation-2014

2. Collapse Details
    Some Concepts:

Current Gear:

Canon Rebel T2i
    "Isn't that a still camera?" "No my friend, it's a movie camera that does stills"

Props
    Last edited by El Director; 12-02-2010 at 11:13 PM.

FIND US ON FACEBOOK

3. Collapse Details
    A lot better.

-Nate

MAKE YOUR MOVIE NOW!

Writer/Director/Producer/Editor/Composer/Prop Master/Action Hero
    Canon T3i/Apple Final Cut Studio 2/After Effects CS3/Action Essentials 2/Garageband 4.1.2

The Fourth Beast-2003 | Wages of Sin -2007 | Epitaph: Bread and Salt -2011

4. Collapse Details
    I admire your courage and dedication. I like your spirit too.
    The first Leap movie was clearly a no-budget; but this one has the look of a budget movie.

The concept is growing on me. I think you have something going there. You're light years from the Bourne series, but you get A for effort. I hope you don't spend more than $10,000 on this one, from the looks of it.

If you want to make it look like a $30 million movie, and shoot it for $500,000 -- you need to scrap the footage you've shot so far, take a $10,000 loss (call it a trailer if you like, but don't show it to any professional people and don't take it to the market) ... and re-cast the movie with some real martial arts actors with names, otherwise you'd be wasting $500,000. There is no way going back from that. Even if you have a studio as a result of the money you're going to set aside. You can't make a $30 million movie on $25,000. Maybe if you're George Lucas or Steven Spielberg ....

Keep up the good work though ... and dream big by all means; just don't leap off a building bigger than 1/16th scale.

5. Collapse Details
    whats is "proof of concept"?
    "Mnemonica" watch the trailer at:
    http://www.vimeo.com/7228269

6. Collapse Details
    The proof of concept was shot to give our investors an idea as to what the movie might look like. Since I was coming off "Leap", I needed to show that I could do something that looked higher concept than what I'd already done. I'll be the first to admit that we went a bit overboard with the shaky cam, but I told them that and they understood. It is the first scene of the picture, but we'll obviously be re-shooting when production rolls this summer. Thanks for checking it out!

@Filmman-I actually decided to call it the first teaser just yesterday before I even saw your post today. Looks like a good call. lol

Fan Us on Facebook!

FIND US ON FACEBOOK

7. Collapse Details
    I should be getting back to business soon myself. We have the same storyline apparently only my lead is a priest and mine takes place before the Tribulation. My final one will take place during.

-Nate

MAKE YOUR MOVIE NOW!

Canon T3i/Apple Final Cut Studio 2/After Effects CS3/Action Essentials 2/Garageband 4.1.2

8. Collapse Details
    Heck ya dude! It'd be sweet to get both of these out at the same time =)
    This one is during the trib (which we say has been going on for a while and isn't seven years) and my final one will deal with the bowl judgments and the all that fun stuff.
    Last edited by El Director; 03-28-2010 at 03:51 PM.

FIND US ON FACEBOOK

9. Collapse Details
    Actually "The Fourth Beast" hit on that too, that the Tribulation wasn't just starting but has been going on for awhile in various spots.

-Nate

MAKE YOUR MOVIE NOW!

10. Collapse Details
    I watched your "proof of concept" and it's quite cheesy... I am not buying the actors at all...

Maybe just me?
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film COMPROMISE now available to see!

Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast