1. Collapse Details
    Sennheiser G3 100 Frequency Range?
    I am about to purchase the Sennheiser G3 100 wireless lav setup, but I noticed that B&H offers various frequency ranges. Any reason why I should pick a particular frequency range? Not too familiar with this information.

(A / 516 - 558 MHz)

(B / 626 - 668 MHz)

(G: 566-608MHz)

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    I own the G2 100 lav setup. I picked the A grouped frequency. I live in NYC and have never had a problem.
    I asked a sound guy on set one day about dealing with the frequencies in NYC. He says it changes from day to day, but said he generally uses the 600's.

I don't know a ton about this, but I am also curious about dealing with different frequencies.

3. Collapse Details
    You should be safe with any of those frequencies.

FYI anyone using a frequency in 700 range, they will be illegal to use starting June 12, 2010.
    http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones/

4. Collapse Details
    the different frequency bands are available to avoid interference in areas where many of those frequencies may be used. In a University, State complexes, Federal buildings, etc. there are many wireless products typically in use. Each band has multiple channels selectable so that you may choose one not in use by some other party if you are operating within relatively nearby distances to that party. There is no performance increase or decrease with using any of the above mentioned UHF bands....you are simply trying to choose a non-conflicting band for your area/environment.
    Most of those UHF bands for wireless mics have a maximum range of 300 ft. (as specified by the manufacturer) anyway, so unless you are operating very close to another user on the same channel there is generally no problem.

5. Collapse Details
    I had the same questions when I bought my evolution G2 wireless mics. Use this page and type in your zip code. It will tell you the available frequency groups in your area.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/findfrequency/

Surprisingly, here in Nashville their was only one available group (most are in the 700 range, but will not be available for long) so I made sure to get the right one.
    www.laststandmedia.net
    www.recordmywedding.com

HVX200a, XH-A1, HV30, D40, RedrockHD Bundle, 28,35,50,85,135 Nikons, 4073a, Mac Pro Quad 3.0, FCP Studio 2, Adobe Master Collection, Pro Tools,

6. Collapse Details
    In addition to the site, call a local rental house and ask them what blocks they use and rent for your area. no substitute for hearing from someone with experience. If you call B&H they may be able to tell you the best block for where you are as well.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks all.

8. Collapse Details
    This thread helped me 4 years later. Thanks everyone!

9. Collapse Details
    Thanks very much, This thread help me nice info and good discution