Thread: Trust

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Hi Chris. Don't you have anyone else to harass?

I think it's important that bad advice be called out and scrutinized. Certainly if my script is fair game, so are the comments said about it. Or is it supposed to be all one way, and I didn't get the memo?

Do you accept what every knob on the internet tells you, at face value?

Are you people f ing kidding me?

Consider the source.

What I have gleaned, for the interested, is that I probably had too much dialogue, and explained a little too much. Some could be cut. I actually did rewrite a couple of times based upon some comments I received before the contest began.

I do not intend on butchering my script based upon the comments of people who don't understand the story in the first place. If you're going to play doctor you should come up with the correct diagnosis before you obsess over your favorite course of treatment.

As for minor style choices over a word here or there, you should understand that's your style, and not necessarily mine. Style, while important in the total effect of the thing, is not something I'm looking for from feedback.

For an example of what I am looking for, there was some genuine omitted information that led to understandable confusion. This was a result of chopping down to 10 pages. I put the info back, and so the character appeared in a scene where she would not have as written. That was good advice, and relevant.

Now Chris, I'm sure you're due for another tantrum. Carry on. Nice avatar.
    Last edited by polfilmblog; 04-01-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    “There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” -Warren Buffett, New York Times

Radiation
    Alternatives
    Hell of a Deal

pfb

2. Collapse Details
    Nope I've done what I could. Peace.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

3. Collapse Details
    I guess my main point in bitch slapping you, Chris, was the harsh medicine of getting through to you that you are no oracle of screenwriting. Fronting like you are is painful to witness.

I found your latest script unreadable, terrible. No lie. No hyperbole. This was before you showed up here. I read them all as soon as they were made available on the site.

Note, I didn't run over to s--t all over your thread.
    Last edited by polfilmblog; 04-01-2010 at 01:26 PM.
    “There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” -Warren Buffett, New York Times

Radiation
    Alternatives
    Hell of a Deal

pfb

4. Collapse Details
    I read your screenplay before I saw your thread here. I won't waste my time on feedback since you don't appear to take anyone's comments seriously and obviously don't appreciate that people have taken their time to read your work.

What I will do is offer you a "tip. Much like you did on the thread I started on the screenwriting page titled "Lots of Screenplays", to try and get some filmmakers to look at my work...remember? "Just a tip. Nobody is looking for "lots of screenplays." Just one great one."

Anyhoo...my tip is to get over yourself. You aren't as good a writer as you think. You're okay but your inability to take anyone's comments seriously means you will stay at this level. If you know so much more than anyone here...why are you here? Why even bother with this step? Because the rest of us are here to learn and to improve and to help one another. You've insulted people who have read your work. How selfish of you. And what a waste of time for us.

5. Collapse Details
    "You're okay but your inability to take anyone's comments seriously means you will stay at this level."

Wow, it's a chorus. Thanks ever so for stopping by.

Actually, the factual record seems to dispute you. I've responded to every comment posted. I've "seriously" considered them, and given my honest opinion of them. If that's not enough for you, then please just go away.

I'm very busy actually, trying to cast some beautiful actresses in a tv pilot I'm putting together, and get a production on track.

I really don't have time or desire to waste words on kids who want to be taken seriously, but don't have the chops ... to be taken seriously.

Seriously.

Radiation
    Alternatives
    Hell of a Deal

pfb

6. Collapse Details
    I smell a troll.

Hey, did anyone notice the sites name change to DSLRuser? At least in the header.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

7. Collapse Details
    i noticed... april fools ;)
    Script Fest IV: Go West
    Script Fest III:
    Valor

Script Fest II: Entitled

8. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    Don't participate in these contests if you can't take criticism. Even harsh criticism that you don't agree with.

And if someone won't take the criticism you're giving, move on.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234