Thread: Trust

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Trust
    A spy drags a young woman toward a life or death choice. Will she trust him or not?

Last edited by polfilmblog; 02-07-2010 at 07:55 AM.
    “There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” -Warren Buffett, New York Times

Radiation
    Alternatives
    Hell of a Deal

pfb

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by polfilmblog View Post
    Can I post the logline yet?
    Yes, go for it.

3. Collapse Details
    Nice. Its got me interested. Looking forward to the script.
    the writer formerly known as "Conlan Forever"

Need a short script?
    Have an idea? Want to collaborate? Contact me.

screenwriter75@yahoo.com

4. Collapse Details
    Cool poster, sounds great.
    SCRIPTFEST VII TOP 3 | THE MELT | WEBSITE | IMDB | EMAIL
    Wordsmith & Graphic Designer. Will work for credit, coffee and money.

5. Collapse Details
    Wow - the poster alone makes me really want to see this. It sounds brilliant!
    Jennifer Grashoff
    Writer/Director/Actress

YouTube
    Facebook
    Twitter for my Tequila Radio show

6. Collapse Details
    excellent poster. well done! excited to read the script that goes with it.
    Script Fest IV: Go West
    Script Fest III:
    Valor

Script Fest II: Entitled

7. Collapse Details
    Ok, I'm going to review this as I read. "Don't get mad I could've just said 'nice script'.

Pg 1
    - We already got your title and name on the title page, why am I seeing it again?
    - Use single dashes in your scene heading, well that's the norm at least.
    - Write active! Passive is dull and uninspiring. So lose the word 'is' from your scriptwriting language and mose words ending in 'ing', oh and adverbs while you're are at it.
    - Turn off MS Word's 'autotype' so you don't get those little 'nd' things and heck why not spell out second.
    - How can he shh someone when he's in a death race?
    - Seperate some of you action blocks to build the tension and highlight action.
    - 'Henry! I don't want to know you anymore!' That's some awesome 50s dialog. I'm guessing this is a period piece and that just nailed it!!
    Pg 3
    - Is 'Pop Beers' a game. I think you might be missing a word or two there. and no 'Heather Pop Beers' still isn't a sentence.
    - Wait '21' this isn't in the 50s.
    Pg 7
    - 'CELL' phone. This is deffinately not a period piece. Why does the dialog strike me as classic?
    Pg 9
    - Lose the camera directions, it takes the reader right out of the story.
    - Man I thought he was dead, but this was a dream sequence. Maybe you should've clued us in a little to begin with.

Is he a good guy or a bad guy. Dang, I guess I'll never find out. Great Job!
    Last edited by Chris_Keaton; 03-16-2010 at 07:50 AM.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

8. Collapse Details
    Hi Joe,

Finished your story. Some compelling visuals and nice tension!

The only thing - Henry says he saved Heather, when looks like he didn't, he brought trouble. Or so I think

Is he a CIA, protecting some Coke recipe?

Enjoyable. Thanks.

9. Collapse Details
    "Pg 1
    - We already got your title and name on the title page, why am I seeing it again."

Ah, one of those nitpicky, obsessed with trivialties people. Well, Chris, every produced spec script I can remember gave the title and author on the first page of the manuscript. I know how stressful it must be to skip right over that, since you already knew it. Grand apologies.

"- Use single dashes in your scene heading, well that's the norm at least."

Yes, it's the norm. So what?

"- Write active! Passive is dull and uninspiring. So lose the word 'is' from your scriptwriting language and mose words ending in 'ing', oh and adverbs while you're are at it."

My friend, I've seen your work. Pontificating about screenwriting? Really?

"- Turn off words 'autotype' so we don't get those little 'nd' things and heck why not spell out second."

I didn't know what the hell you were referring to. Now I see you don't like "2nd." Yes, I typed that manually (a trick I picked up in the 1950s apparently). Was it too esoteric to call a 2nd car a 2nd car? Is this really keeping you from understanding what's going on there?

"- How can he shh someone when he's in a death race?"

Because it's quite an easy sound to make.

"- Seperate some of you action blocks to build the tension and highlight action."

Again, preaching to me on how to craft a script? Really?

"- 'Henry! I don't want to know you anymore!' That's soem awesome 50s dialog. I'm guessing this is a period piece and that just nailed it."

I guess I forgot to turn on the AUTO-SARCASM function. Gen Y.2ers may not understand that sometimes people do say things plainly.

Pg 3
    "- Is 'Pop Beers' a game. I think you might be missing a word or two there."

The line is, "Heather pops beers."

This is a game introduced in 1946 in Roswell New Mexico, around the time of the strange sightings. You'll have to wiki the associated rules and lexicon.

"- Wait '21' this isn't in the 50s."

Do you live in some sort of cave? Now I'm no lawyer, but I have noticed that laws vary across this great nation of ours, nevermind the rest of the planet. Things like, oh, say the age of consent, gambling, speed limits, and yes even the drinking age are not all the same. This is fascinating stuff really that not all places on this earth are exactly as the they are in Chris land.

"- 'CELL' phone. This is deffinately not a period piece. Why does the dialog strike me as classic?"

Okay, an inoffensive question. Perhaps the easy answer is not best here (because I wanted it that way).

This entire contest is, of course, an homage to Alfred Hitchcock (which most seemed to ignore).

But, seeing how the theme of the piece is trust, and the deceit of the male lead is obvious, front and center, I didn't feel the need to complicate matters further with deceptive dialogue and unnecessary games.

"- Lose the camera directions, it takes the reader right out of the story."

Except, that's exactly how the transition should play. It's the clearest, most efficient way of conveying it. It's what needs to be done. If sluglines, or in your case the boorish repetition of "TICK TOCK," don't damage the storytelling, then my money shot can stand, thank you very much.

"- Man I thought he was dead, but this was a dream sequence. Maybe you should've clued us in a little to begin with."

Or not.

"Is he a good guy or a bad guy. Dang, I guess I'll never find out."

No. You won't.

"Great Job!"

Must check the Sarcasometer (purchased in 1957). Damn. It's broken.

10. Collapse Details
    Hi Khamisk,

"The only thing - Henry says he saved Heather, when looks like he didn't, he brought trouble. Or so I think"

That definitely is a place where confusion could set in. The idea was that he stopped them from being detected by a 911 call, but they had another way of locating the device -- the flash drive. Perhaps it has a transmitter of some sort?

"Is he a CIA, protecting some Coke recipe?"

That's the MacGuffin. He's fighting to keep something the other side wants back.

"Enjoyable. Thanks."

Thank you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast