Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The font is Chalkduster.

When you do the drop shadow for the text, apply a fairly strong gaussian blur to it.
    Déjà vu (French pronunciation: [deʒa vy], meaning "already seen") is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or
    experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain and were perhaps imagined or not.
    Deal with it...

2. Collapse Details
    No, no.... not just you, Jon.

Doc, I am wishing that I was a better PS artist, as I'd love to throw together what I see in my head.

I like how you are progressing in this but the comments I read are valid. Don't be disheartened by anything you read here (and I don't think that you do. You seem to "listen" which is AWESOME!). You are asking questions and responding to advice. That is a quality attribute!

In my opinion.... the font is still "fancy." Not that it has curly-qs and flips or whatnot.... To me, the font is too thin. It needs to be a bolder font. Impact. Power. Punch.

The comment about the realism of the broken-glass cannot be over-looked. I love the idea you have! Brilliant!!! Gotta love those flashes while driving. Good for you. Now.... commit to it and produce a result that is completely believable. Seriously. What you did is imaginative BUT you sold yourself short by not taking the extra time (and I am sure that it requires a lot of time) to produce a broken-glass effect that looks REAL! Jagged edges would be SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL. And I might put the images you've been trying to incorporate into EACH broken plate of glass. At different angles and such. You could get a really tight shot of your assault team in there (not the whole wide shot but a close-up on a section you like).

okay.... other notes.... (if I may)

The Hero (imho) NEEDS to be larger if he is the sole focus. I get no impact looking at his thighs. Seriously. The power is in the face and blood-stained shirt. Make his face 40% of the poster. Not 10% the size (or whatever the numbers should be). What I am saying is... This Hero and the Title are your "selling" points in this poster. They are the only two things that are going to drive me to see your film. Make them SPEAK to me. Don't delude your work.

You have creative talents AND you listen and implement. Good luck to you and best in your ventures. I'll keep an eye here and offer my thoughts as long as you welcome them!

-Ted

3. Collapse Details
    Nice work, Pookie! I like what you did.

The sharp edges are exactly what I was talking about. And here, the face has been lightened up and I can see the eyes. I like! I'd still enlarge my subject and throw him off-center but there is progress!!! (not that I expected Pookie to completely make over the poster! lol)

Doc, you are getting some nice feedback here.... I am looking forward to seeing your final poster!

Keep up the good work!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bernard View Post
    What font is that???????? I like what you did with this!!!!!!!!!!! Two layers of glass. Nice!

Or are you saying use this concept, slam the opacity to 100 and use it as a "border"
    The concept works for me, the extra glass seemed like a nice touch considering the main character.
    Déjà vu (French pronunciation: [deʒa vy], meaning "already seen") is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or
    experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain and were perhaps imagined or not.
    Deal with it...

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Arabian View Post
    Nice work, Pookie! I like what you did.

The sharp edges are exactly what I was talking about. And here, the face has been lightened up and I can see the eyes. I like! I'd still enlarge my subject and throw him off-center but there is progress!!! (not that I expected Pookie to completely make over the poster! lol)

Doc, you are getting some nice feedback here.... I am looking forward to seeing your final poster!

Keep up the good work!
    Yea, Doc just needs to play around with the placements etc, but I think he's onto something.
    Deal with it...

6. Collapse Details
    I completely agree. especially the dual layer glass. Pookie, with your permission..... gonna incorporate your ideas. Need to find that font.

7. Collapse Details
    Hey, its all your stuff, I just messed around a bit.
    Deal with it...

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details
    Watching the evolution of this thing is amazing. You should all get an award for Best Co-operators!

Doc, I did a four year stint at UC, Riverside way back when. My neighbor was an animal trainer/supplier for movies so there was the requisite alligator, wolf etc. behind chain link in my backyard. I have fond memories of the Beat Farmers playing in the Barn, the best Mexican food in the world at Templo del Sol, all the bartenders doing the Time Warp perfectly at the near campus bar, etc. Probably way before your time.

Small world though.

10. Collapse Details
    Eyes get dilated... your main character has emotive eyes... I say close in on his eyes to fill the bulk of the poster... his face from nose to mid-forehead... and blend some images behind... and the most powerful image into a reflection in his eyes.

I'd get more abstract then this... seeing the entire guy (cowboy shot) doesn't serve the poster well. (In my opinion... you want to intrigue... you want to offer some story or peak curiousity about the story... this happens with eyes... push into his eyes... FILL the poster with his eyes/face if you have to... working other elements in and around that.) Then if you must... make it somewhat abstract... right now it's too clean. If the story involves blood then get some splatter on there...

I'd consider a font that plays with the meaning of the word dilated... perhaps a hollow font... with a letter or two from "dilated" exaggerated a bit... If you mean something is "expanded" by "dilated" then stretch out the spacing between letters through the middle of the word, but have the letters more bunched up at the ends.

Just brainstorming here....
    LIGHTING and SOUND AVAILABLE FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OR ON DVD

LIGHTING for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel.................................................. ............................. SOUND for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast