Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Love Some input...........
    Doing the Poster for the last project I worked on. LOL, it sucks being a man of many talents. My constraints were that the posted could only use red, white and black and grayscale.

2. Collapse Details
    Isn't too great IMO. Just being honest, but it looks very amaturish.

Its not so much the colors, which I understand is limited, but it's the way the pictures are used and the fonts that go alongside it.

The pictures are arranged too cleanly IMO. If it's a collage they should blend into each other in a more natural, less unified way.

Then the fonts are very off. Using 'fancy' fonts tends to hurt the professionalism of a poster, or anything. Try something a bit more neutral. There are many fonts that are very neutral, but are interesting as well. It just takes a lot of looking. Plus the 'Dilated' letters seem to not be perfectly aligned.
    Last edited by Jon Starr; 02-02-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    "Dialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms." - Alfred Hitchcock

3. Collapse Details
    ^ This

4. Collapse Details
    The font doesn't fit and doesn't look great. But most importantly, there's way too much. Good marketing calls for simplicity.
    Last edited by Cassius; 02-03-2010 at 01:26 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Ditto

I call for a DVXUSER community rescue.

Everyone with Photoshop get busy !

6. Collapse Details
    Rebel with a cause Kirk Gillock's Avatar
    I sent you two rough concepts over on Fb.

Will work on it some more this weekend.

7. Collapse Details
    If I may, since I am happy to see that honesty is delivered here.... I am curious as to what you are trying to "deliver" in your poster.

I am confused by it. (it's kinda ironic that there is a subliminal "?" in your layout)

The use of the "eyes" are the best thing in this poster. ALL of the other images need to go. The "storm-troopers, the bleeding body, the zombies??? and ESPECIALLY the "hero" shot. (if THAT is the hero, it is not a very "selling" look of him. sorry. not sold) And the text is HARD TO READ. Not good for SUCH an important feature of marketing.

I DO NOT write to be cruel. But if you are a man of many talents (a concept I understand) then I am trying to help you reach a point that I took to long to reach.... LET OTHER'S DO WHAT THEY DO BEST and YOU FOCUS ON WHAT YOU DO BEST.

Sorry. This poster is not good and I do not think you should use it.

This is my honest opinion but it is only an opinion.

I mean no disrespect and I hope none was taken.

Continue to create!

8. Collapse Details
    No offense taken. LOL! I love honest feedback. I didn't catch the "question mark thing" But now I see it. Good eye!

These are rough concepts I am doing now. I was asked to help out, since I did the last one for them. (And there is NO budget).

It is funny, as I do like to focus on what I normally do (GUNS, and stunts), but I dabble in PS, and have been a user of it for about 6 years now.

Latest Version:

But I think this one is too busy as well. I think I am going to "simplify it" even more. Thinking of killing of the "assault team" on top and expanding the title to fit in that negative space
    Last edited by Doc Bernard; 02-03-2010 at 12:15 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    MUCH better!!! Much, much, much better. FOCUS is on the hero. The others toned WAY down... nice. The "assault team" is kinda cool BUT they need to "flow" into the "scene" as Jon eluded to. Not necessary the *same* scene but blend them in. They stand out like a model shoot or something.

The use of "Dilated" is better but STILL NEEDS TO BE BOLDER in my opinion. The "Hero" and "Dilated" should take ALL OF MY FOCUS... I should want to look deeper into the poster to find out more.

Don't let "subtlety" elude you. Use it.

Much better!!!

10. Collapse Details
    btw, in this version, try making your hero bigger than the poster. let his forehead get chopped off the top border. Make him the focus. Let his eyes that you used before "fill" the canvas. Experiment.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast