Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Well, I'm from VA originally, so I've already gone through one climate change. Are there any jobs up there for theatre/film people? I've heard not so much.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan E. Walters View Post
    No way! Welcome! We'll have to meet up soon. I leave for Germany tomorrow, but I'll be back at the end of the month- will you still be around?
    Hey Ryan, where are you going in Germany? To the Berlinale?
    DVXUSER TimeFest!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonthewho View Post
    Well, I'm from VA originally, so I've already gone through one climate change. Are there any jobs up there for theatre/film people? I've heard not so much.
    If you're looking for L.A. amount of work, no. But, we're keeping busy, and our Film and Video Office has worked tirelessly to get some great production incentives here. As a result, there is more and more work every year. Features come up here all the time. TNT's "Leverage" is shooting another season (15 episodes) here starting in March. There are several theaters here, too. And a decent amount of commercial work, too. There is definitely a "busy season" and "slow season" here since October - March weather can hinder outdoor shoots. But, it's a good time to hunker down and work on your own projects. And a huge Indie community to network with. I'd say we're comparable to Austin, actually.

Plus a lot of kick ass DVXer's are up here, so there's that, too. ;-)

4. Collapse Details
    Hi Ted -

Glad to hear you're liking Portland - and welcome to the rainy season.
    . . . still, weather is relative.

Beats the snot out of Anchorage, Bering Sea & North Slope right now - D.C. too for that matter. <G>.

Anyway, again, Welcome. LOVE to see you involved in a Fest entry - or two or three up here. Hope to be able to say hi next time passing thru.

Stay dry - no, belay that, . . . .keep the camera dry. Post some clips skateboarding down Terwilliger . . .

Missing Portland.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by pixelated; 02-05-2010 at 09:07 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyO View Post
    If you're looking for L.A. amount of work, no. But, we're keeping busy, and our Film and Video Office has worked tirelessly to get some great production incentives here. As a result, there is more and more work every year. Features come up here all the time. TNT's "Leverage" is shooting another season (15 episodes) here starting in March. There are several theaters here, too. And a decent amount of commercial work, too. There is definitely a "busy season" and "slow season" here since October - March weather can hinder outdoor shoots. But, it's a good time to hunker down and work on your own projects. And a huge Indie community to network with. I'd say we're comparable to Austin, actually.

Plus a lot of kick ass DVXer's are up here, so there's that, too. ;-)
    Thanks for the info. I really liked Portland the one time I visited. Plus a crapload of cartoonists live in Portland, and I love me some graphic novels. My wife and I will be moving soon, and Portland is definitely one of the places I think we'll be looking at, especially if we can get jobs.

6. Collapse Details
    Hey guys! Love reading the responses here!

First of all, Jason... I'd imagine you'd love it up here. I didn't realize that you had some VA roots. In that case, leaving Texas won't be that much of a shock to you. (I know how Texans are!)

Pixelated.... THANK YOU SO MUCH for the kind words. I really appreciate the welcoming. It's such a great place here and the people are amazing! I hope to stay awhile! Perhaps I'll see you around here soon!? Good luck in Alaska! (must be beautiful there!!!)

Amy.... wow! Very cool info about the industry up here. WHEN CAN WE GET TOGETHER??? I'd love to meet you and "pick your brain!"

now.... Jason.... get on up here!!! lol

7. Collapse Details
    Go Ted Go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12