1. Collapse Details
    Sync Issues with web uploaded FCP edited footage
    Hello,

I have been having some problems getting my streaming video to play consistently in sync. At times when I play it the audio and video, they are perfectly in sync and at other times it is off. This problems occurs throughout different browsers (firefox, internet explorer, and safari) and also appears to be happening at random (can't find a pattern for when it works/when it doesn't.)

Some specs on my workflow:
    I am shooting the video to Panasonic HVX200/HPX-170 cameras at 720p HD at 30 frames a second and running a dual audio system by recording all audio to Pro Tools and then syncing in Final Cut Pro using a slate. I have been exporting an uncompressed quicktime file from FCP then using Quicktime Pro to export an MP4 file using H.264 compression. And finally am hosting the MP4 on an Amazon S3 account. Here is a link to one of the videos that I am having problems with:

http://jazzmusicheaven.com.s3.amazon...up-c-promo.mp4

And here are my export settings from Quicktime Pro:

Under the Video Tab
    File Format MP4
    Video Format: H.264
    Data Rate: 1000
    Optimized for Streaming (checked)
    Image Size: 1280 x 720 HD
    Check preserve aspect ratio using letterbox
    Frame rate 30
    Key Frame every 30 frames

Under the Video options button
    Restrict profiles to: Main
    Encoding Mode: Best Quality

Under the Audio Tab
    Audio format: AAC-LC (music)
    Data Rate: 128 KBS
    Channels: Stereo
    Output Sample Rate: 48kHz
    Encoding Quality: Best

Under the Streaming Tab
    Enable Streaming (checked)
    Maximum packet size: 1450 bytes
    Maximum packet duration: 100 ms
    Optimize for sever (unchecked)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I work mainly in shooting video and the world of video compression is still largely unknown to me.

On another important note these videos are loading in different browsers at different speeds: loads instant in firefox, but takes 30 secs to buffer in Internet Explorer on the same connection. Is there something I am doing wrong with these MP4 files? Or should I be looking into another format like FLV to make things load quickly, look good, and most importantly, in sync?

Thanks,
    -Greg

2. Collapse Details
    Greg,

I am not internet streaming junkie, but I'd bet it has more to do with the browser than the video encode. You want it to load quick, look good, and be in sync? Well, you might have to choose one over the other. Try playing it back on a different machine. I didn't see anything out of sync when I played it back in Chrome...

I'd say, if you are still very concerned, look into encoding to FLV.