Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    looks good. can you unstretch them for us? what aperture were those shot at? how much is the lens?
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

2. Collapse Details
    I think Timur had a badly set up Foton zoom and Anamorphic adapter... it's more to do with the Foton zoom itself being badly collimated. If I remember, Timur mentioned that it was an OCT-18 mount that was hacked around.

The Foton zoom and 1A (front) anamorphic attachment was used for years in Russia (from the early 60's through to the mid 80's)... this is a 1965 vintage

You mention you're selling it - any links to your sale?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Chingwell View Post
    I think Timur had a badly set up Foton zoom and Anamorphic adapter... it's more to do with the Foton zoom itself being badly collimated. If I remember, Timur mentioned that it was an OCT-18 mount that was hacked around.

The Foton zoom and 1A (front) anamorphic attachment was used for years in Russia (from the early 60's through to the mid 80's)... this is a 1965 vintage

Just getting ready to post it now. (I'll post it in a sec)
    What did you think of the Flickr images (as far as sharpness)? (Just curious)

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Harris View Post
    looks good. can you unstretch them for us? what aperture were those shot at? how much is the lens?

Here's the link for the auction. (No reserve btw)
    Starting at 1999, buy it now 2999. Better hurry, lol. It literally make me sick to my gut to sell this thing. Big plans for Christmas, ...what can I say?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=151183526907

5. Collapse Details
    Shot at F4.0 btw, Matt. Lemme see if I can decompress those for you...one sec.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by HHL View Post
    Just getting ready to post it now. (I'll post it in a sec)
    What did you think of the Flickr images (as far as sharpness)? (Just curious)
    I can't seem to see the Flickr pics as the folder is marked as private.

But my experience (in general) of the Foton zoom and Foton A are pretty good

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by HHL View Post
    Here's the link for the auction. (No reserve btw)
    Starting at 1999, buy it now 2999. Better hurry, lol. It literally make me sick to my gut to sell this thing. Big plans for Christmas, ...what can I say?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=151183526907
    You might want to note on the auction that this Foton A will not pair with a Foton 37-140 zoom. It's missing an essential collar section that that allows it to connect to teh Foton zoom (and makes the unit single focus).

I believe you got this from Sovjak or one of the other Russian dealers? I was looking at this one a while ago too - but the lack of the focus collar connection meant it couldn't mate (at all).

However, the condition on the photos from the seller looked excellent (I saw it before it went on Ebay)... and your comments have backed that up too... it does really look in great condition.

The diopters are also unique to the 1960's vintage Foton-A's (the design was changed in the late 60's/early 70's - and removed the slot mechanism at the top of the unit - and replaced it with a slide/clip on design for the diopters).

I'm sure it'll go quickly!

8. Collapse Details
    Ask and ye shall receive! Cheers Matt Harris!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2746926...7638424144606/

9. Collapse Details
    I can't seem to see the Flickr pics as the folder is marked as private.

But my experience (in general) of the Foton zoom and Foton A are pretty good
    Thanks for that Derek Chingwell! Try it now and you should be good, yes? Cheers!

10. Collapse Details
    You might want to note on the auction that this Foton A will not pair with a Foton 37-140 zoom. It's missing an essential collar section that that allows it to connect to teh Foton zoom (and makes the unit single focus).

I believe you got this from Sovjak or one of the other Russian dealers? I was looking at this one a while ago too - but the lack of the focus collar connection meant it couldn't mate (at all).

However, the condition on the photos from the seller looked excellent (I saw it before it went on Ebay)... and your comments have backed that up too... it does really look in great condition.

The diopters are also unique to the 1960's vintage Foton-A's (the design was changed in the late 60's/early 70's - and removed the slot mechanism at the top of the unit - and replaced it with a slide/clip on design for the diopters).

I'm sure it'll go quickly!
    Thanks for the tip. I will note it on the auction now.
    (That it is missing the collar for pairing with the 37-105mm zoom.)

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast