1. Collapse Details
    Latest HPX music Video. FINALLY
    Senior Member TizzyEntertainment's Avatar
    I posted stills in the "How bout them grabs" thread a while ago but th label was waiting for the new year to drop the video

Finally I can show it to you guys

HPX500, Fujinon HD zoom lens. Cut in FCP, colored in Color (though the in camera setting had the blacks really crushed down so we didn't do a lot of tweaking) and its a a good track. Enjoy

http://vimeo.com/8583764
    Luck is when opportunity meets preperation. -Robert Evans

2. Collapse Details
    I was in Miami for Super Bowl coverage. I drove by King of Diamonds many times, but couldn't catch a break to stop there.

Looks great! I like the blacks, really clean with no noise. Something I'm struggling with when shooting with my HPX.

Whoever did your lighting did a great job in the wide shots and bathroom sequence.

3. Collapse Details
    Brad, have you tried black balancing before you shoot?

This has cleaned up a lot of noise for me and allowed me to adjust my setting profile. I BB every time I turn the camera on.

4. Collapse Details
    Good call. Can't say I've done it every time, but I do often. Trying different recipes shared to me by Northern Filmmaker, and Hunter Richards' posts, with different results depending on the post process (pedestal and coring tweaks).

Thanks for the reply.

And again, Tizzy, good stuff!

5. Collapse Details
    I read this in a post by Barry G. or on DVInfo saying that the BB basically clears the sensors of any residual charge which manifests as noise in the shadow areas.

Maybe my camera is off adjustment, as it was reallt noisy when I first got it, but Barry was saying he did this when he uses the HMC-150. I do it for both now as well.

After a total reset over a year ago and BB the images are quite clean now even with backing off of the coring.