Thread: Churhi

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis_ View Post
    good movie but I need help understanding the ending. The guy that is in love with her is talking to her standing right behind her and then she turns around and why did she see an image of her husband?
    There are a couple of interpretations that I went for - this one being the most popular:

She had to choose between her husband or her English tutor/lover. When she turns around she sees her choice, resulting in another betrayal.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by randin View Post
    D'oh! Can't please everyone, I guess!
    I demand you please me at all times!
    John LaBonney
    Director, Dam Short Film Festival
    www.damshortfilm.org
    john@johnlabonney.com
    (702) 769-5902

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSeth View Post
    There are a couple of interpretations that I went for - this one being the most popular:

She had to choose between her husband or her English tutor/lover. When she turns around she sees her choice, resulting in another betrayal.
    But it never became official that the tutor in fact turned into the lover. He was about to!

But ok so her husband saved her on time because she was about to choose the tutor and betray him, cool.
    Almost a betrayal but kind of a betrayal in thought at the same time, cool.

Then she betrays the tutor by leading him on but changing her mind and staying with her husband anyway. Ok cool that's a soft betrayal.... (but a betrayal never the less)

I just didn't get the part where her husband just popped in out of nowhere
    Like maybe a short cut of him walking in the house from work or something would have put him back in the house and all the way in the yard for that.

But anyway it is what it is and it definitely is a good flick!
    I give you and everyone in your team props for an awesome job on this film.
    it even made me give it this much thought! lol.....
    Congratulations and keep em' coming!

Oh wait!
    the other aspect of it!
    loved the cinematography and the direction, would have loved to see more close ups on her feelings when she was reading the book and a little better lighting when the husband was talking on the phone at the beginning, but still great work there as well.

Soundwise...
    it worked for me. (for little old me)

and once again, awesome work!
    good luck in the finals!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by John LaBonney View Post
    I demand you please me at all times!
    PM me your address, and I'll be over to wash your car in the morning. We composers are desperate for approval.

I like to think the ending is surreal, symbolic of her making the choice, not an indication that her husband is actually there. Again, we're sort of in the realm of Bollywood here, so we're lucky she didn't suddenly end up at the pyramids or something. But seriously, I do love this little thought provoking film.
    Randin Graves
    film composer & didjeriduist for all occasions!
    http://www.randingraves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/randinmusic
    http://www.imdb.me/randingraves

5. Collapse Details
    Really enjoyed this film. Great job to the cast & crew!

Cinematography was beautiful, as were the actors...who were also very good in their parts.
    I liked the score and sound design in general. Smooth edit rounds it off.

Congrats!

6. Collapse Details
    MrSeth this was just, wow. I saw the BTS photos, you had a serious crew and it showed.
    Your lighting, cinematography and music were all to notch. I was most excited about the actors,
    they knocked it out of the park. I second Luis' question, what exactly was the last shot?
    I'm into esoteric stuff so i assumed she was just imagining being with both men, but if you
    want to clarify please do so.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

7. Collapse Details
    really liked your film! you had me wanting to know what happens right throughout the entire film. great acting!

8. Collapse Details

cool, i like it, i posted before i saw your explanation. good work!
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

9. Collapse Details
    Story: The story was good even if it left us hanging.
    I preferred the story in Requiem though.

Acting: No problems there. Everyone held their own.

Technical: Very good. This looked great and the sound was very clean. I would have done away with the suitcase as a prop because that seemed like overkill for me.

I liked 'Requiem' much more but this was still very good.
    Great work on getting two films done!

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

10. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    wow this film was one of the best. one of the few that I could see going to a festival outside of here and succeeding etc.
    The acting was one of the top 3 most convincing I've seen so far in all of the shorts.
    The music was very good done by someone with an obvious grasp of the idiom of eastern music. I could sort of see how someone said it might be too overpowering in choosing a more modernistic and "pop" approach with the drum beats and all, but if one is familiar with such foreign films it is similar and in line with other classics such as those of Kar Wai Wong whom I love (in the mood for love and 2046 both done by the amazing shigeru umebayashi), but for the most part I thought the music was effective and beautiful. Subtle and tension building where it should be and more robust where it should be.

The only slightly disappointing thing was the ending was a bit too much of a mystery/cliff hanger but other than that I think this piece was very strong all around and probably top 3-5 so far for me if not better.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast