1. Collapse Details
    browser/Preview for .MOV files
    I recently purchased a 7D and thinks its a great camera. I also have an HMC150. I use the Sony PMB Picture Motion Browser to preview the AVCHD files associated with the HMC150. What I really like about the Sony Browser is the ability to open a folder with all my AVCHD files/clips and see a preview of each clip at 5 or 10 second intervals. So for a one minute clip, I can get 12 snapshots along the time line of that clip and easily scroll down the page to see all files in a folder. This really makes finding what I am looking for very easy.

My question- What do you use to preview .MOV files. I wish the Sony Browser recognized the .MOV files, but apparently it doesn't.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug
    DT (Dell)Win 7, i5-650, 3.20 GHz, 8GB Ram, GTS240, Win 7 / LT (HP)-i7 CPU Q820@1.73GHz, 8GB Ram, GT230M

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks JFEditorIV,

I am familiar with watching clips from beginning to end.

I am looking for a preview browser. I have several programs that can simply play clips. I have attached a screen shot of the PMB with some of my AVCHD files to help illustrate what I am looking for, for the .MOV files.. If you take a look at the clips in the attachment, I can click anywhere in the timeline and immediately preview the video from that spot forward. For instance, the third clip from the bottom is a 55 second clip. As you can see it begins with people standing on the beach and the second part is the girl snorkeling towards me. I can click on the timeline at the 40 second mark and see the shot of her coming out of the water. No need to mulll through the previous 40 seconds. And if you are looking for a specific few seconds of a clip, this is so much more efficient than viewing clips in their entirety to find that shot.
    Hopefully, this better communicates the type of program I am looking for.

Thanks again,
    Doug

See Attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DT (Dell)Win 7, i5-650, 3.20 GHz, 8GB Ram, GTS240, Win 7 / LT (HP)-i7 CPU Q820@1.73GHz, 8GB Ram, GT230M

3. Collapse Details
    Other than using the AVCCAM Viewer from Panasonic, you could of course use your editing application to preview the video files before you import them. However, I would stick with the Sony PMB app. I haven't used it before, but I just might now, after seeing what it can do.

4. Collapse Details
    Found another here with support for nvidia CUDA cards:

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tmkp.html

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Keith,

I would love to use the Sony PMB for my .MOV files. Problem is, the Sony PMB does not recognize any of my .MOV files. It shows a "Folder is Empty" message for folders containing .MOV files.

I will take a look at the info you provided.

thanks,
    Doug

6. Collapse Details
    JFEditorIV,

That's fantastic that you can open a 30 minute movie clip and click through it in 2 seconds....... I can't. (But I can fly a corporate jet).

I was kind of asking for help in locating a similar program that is, in my opinion a better tool than opening individual files and clicking through them. It's akin to using an index instead of flipping through pages.

It's not so much that I am in a hurry, it has more to do with the fact that I don't desire to waste time and I really, really, really, really like the benefits of the Sony PMB.

You may like Olives. I don't. I will eat them if I have too but I prefer something I like.

Don't be a Sony PMB hater!

Take Care,

Doug

7. Collapse Details
    I like olives...

8. Collapse Details
    Hi Michigan!

I have the same problem as you.
    I need an preview browser - the same as PMS to watch .mov files.
    Did you get a sollution ?
    I have tried to google (thats how I found this thread) the question.

Please reply me if you found a preview browser which can see .mov files.