1. Collapse Details
    More Telling Test Results
    I couldn't find the thread discussing the resolution tests Barry did so I started a new one. The following is a link to a 5Dll shot at the same type of test charts. It was done by Chris Barcelos over at DVInfo. He shot this with a Takumar Nikon mount 28-85mm lens, in Macro mode, somewhere around F5.6 to F8. He used a super flat picture style with sharpening set all the way down to "0."

Superflat

Superflat with saturation at "0"

Now...I'm not an expert...but it looks to me that the 5Dll is resolving slightly over 800 lines. Chris seems to think that the reason for a much lower 600 - 750 result in other folks tests had a lot to do with where the f stop was, the sharpening level. Also, he also think using the super flat profile helped.

What do you guys think.

2. Collapse Details
    what's up with the brick patterns in the darks? is that the paper? if that chart is correct i'm going to fry's tomorrow and buy a 7d.

3. Collapse Details
    Exactly....we can now start to see a distinct pattern in the paper. Weird isn't it?

4. Collapse Details
    Man, that aliasing is WICKED... I'm still gonna buy one but I'll be REALLY careful what I point it at...
    Don't be a BillyBob...