Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
  1. Collapse Details
    yes, touch it up a bit. it was a great short. i always touch up mine once the fests are over and even the smallest changes can make the biggest differences.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

2. Collapse Details
    Go for it. Its a good short and with a bit of polish to the cg it will be a great short. Dont be despondant about not making the final, CGI rarely makes the cut here.

3. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    another yes vote

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

4. Collapse Details
    OK, so I have to be honest, I honestly did not expect or deserve to make the top 10 so that did not disappoint me, but to get my placement and to see I did worse than the first film I did for a fest, which is obviously an inferior product in every way really confuses me. Placement isn't the reason I did this project, but right this minute it vexes me...I am vexed.

5. Collapse Details
    Well, I was really into this movie after seeing bts & captures. After watching it, i must admit I was a bit disappointed. As it was stated a couple of times in your topic, the astronaut was to nervous, if you can fix that with ADR the movie would be much better. Also I had problem with color corrections, i would go much darker and colder, get that "dark lonely space" feeling to it. And yes the animation needs work. Also I don't think that cut on his voice while he has his visor on works, maybe over com, like the other guy? my two cents

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by namelok View Post
    Well, I was really into this movie after seeing bts & captures. After watching it, i must admit I was a bit disappointed. As it was stated a couple of times in your topic, the astronaut was to nervous, if you can fix that with ADR the movie would be much better. Also I had problem with color corrections, i would go much darker and colder, get that "dark lonely space" feeling to it. And yes the animation needs work. Also I don't think that cut on his voice while he has his visor on works, maybe over com, like the other guy? my two cents

yes, that's all been covered. I'm not saying it's perfect, I am just saying compared to the quality of what I had done before, it is better yet performed worse and that suprises me, that is all.

7. Collapse Details
    well I still think it is a strong entry and you should polish it and enter other fests. i'm sure that it didn't perform worse, just that there were a lot of strong entries this time, lots of the entries that i thought are top10 for sure didn't make it. At the end i think that there will be a lot of entries with so little difference in points.

8. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    yes it is puzzling as it was easily top 10 for me and possibly top 5 and everyone I showed it to and showed some of the other films they agreed it was flawed but was amongst the strongest entries. I can only assume 1 of 2 if not both things happened:
    1. this was a particularly strong fest where a lot of real top movies were made...and
    2. perhaps other people had much stronger silent campaigns of getting all their friends to bombard the movie with 10/10 votes

9. Collapse Details
    I appreciate that (even if I think you are being generous) I am in no way implying #2, it was in fact a very strong fest, my venting is purely on a personal level, to put in 10x the work and improve in every way and rank lower than I had previously, I mean obviously we all want to improve every time we do this, just stings a bit, that's all, don't want to make a bigger deal of it than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Homunculus View Post
    yes it is puzzling as it was easily top 10 for me and possibly top 5 and everyone I showed it to and showed some of the other films they agreed it was flawed but was amongst the strongest entries. I can only assume 1 of 2 if not both things happened:
    1. this was a particularly strong fest where a lot of real top movies were made...and
    2. perhaps other people had much stronger silent campaigns of getting all their friends to bombard the movie with 10/10 votes

10. Collapse Details
    I'm new here and this was also the first short I watched (last night). I instantly though 'goddamn, this didnt reach the finals?'

I watched 10 more and am still thinking the same thing :-)

Congrats. (not seen the finalists yet though).

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334