Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
  1. Collapse Details
    Hi Jason,

Unfortunately I didn't make it in time to vote in the first round, because your film is one of my favorites from 20% of the films I saw of this fest for now.

I appreciate very much your courage for this experimental kind of film with a critical touch in the story on human weakness. Especially I like the beautiful dance performance of the two female leads. It reminds me very much to a dance theater play.

It is a pity that you didn't make it in the first round, but maybe it is compliment too - your film is not a film for the masses!

Compliments for your work.

Susanne

2. Collapse Details
    Susanne, you are a godsend!

I think you and I must think the same way, because you always seem to like my films. I'm still holding out for you and Jason to make another one. It's been too long since Red Shoes!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfocus88 View Post
    Another "no time for a full review" from me, but I just wanted to say this was awesome. I'll stop in later for more thoughts.
    I'm making good on my threats to review...slowly but surely.

This was in my top 10, maybe because I watched the thread over the course of the fest.

The Good

-First of all, Damian straight up killed it with the score. Probably my favorite aspect of Hunter's Earth is the symbiotic nature of the music and the visuals.

-When the female alien is dancing in the opening shots, it really sets the tone for what's to follow. Does it look totally "realistic?" Not really, but it looks GOOD.

-I like when the guy displays the screen with his hands. Very cool.

-What in the hell was that animal? You have those where you live?

-As far as CC and grading go, all shots seemed to match up nicely. Inconsistencies can pull me out of a story.

-The ending was good.

Not much I didn't like.

-I'm not totally sold on the font choice for the opening credits, but I like the lens flares and the foggy background. Is that nit-picking enough for you?

-The spaceship in the sky could have been more pronounced. It doesn't have much presence hoovering in the air. If she looked up and there was this badass District 9 type ship, that would have been cool. (alright, not that big, but you get the idea)

-The handle thingy on the weapon was kinda suspect, but overall pretty cool construction.

In closing, really cool. I had no idea you were going in this direction, even though you posted a picture of your cast dancing.

Nice job jasonthewho, nice job Damian.

EDIT: Looking a few posts back I see some of my praise/critique would be intended for killacam as well. Nice job! Great visual style.
    Last edited by Scott F; 03-23-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added more stuff.

Sony FS700
    My Vimeo

4. Collapse Details
    Hey Scott, really appreciate the detailed review!

The animal was a dik-dik, that I shot at the local zoo.

5. Collapse Details
    Jason...better late than never? I was actually on vaca in Flodirda when I wtched this the first time, but I got back and watched it again, I wanted to comment.

Kudos to you for making something different and making it work.

I loved watching the story unfold without the use of dialogue. The actors actions and their dancing carried the story well.

The few negatives I had, the earthbound warriors being a little too clean cut and I wished the girl had really put some tension on that bowstring, but these were small negs and you've already addressed it.

Great score. Great fx and make up. Especially the aliens, it could have looked cheesy, but you really pulled it off. Overall the film had a really nice look.

Good betrayal, I didn't see it coming and it really tied the story together nicely. Great job all the way around.
    the writer formerly known as "Conlan Forever"

Need a short script?
    Have an idea? Want to collaborate? Contact me.

screenwriter75@yahoo.com

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for stopping by Russ!

Won't disagree with your criticisms, next time I won't try making the bows myself, that was as far as she could pull it without it breaking! In fact, it did break later during the poster photoshoot, which is why she's holding his bow in the picture.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526