Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hey, China has been in the news recently regarding censoring Google, who is to say other organizations out there aren't doing similar things, who really believes that whole "Don't Be Evil" thing anyways. Pull back the curtain and who knows what we'll find...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Miller View Post
    So why does LITERALLY NOTHING come up on google when I search for Helmond Flannigan or Croquanna island? Google absolutely does not censor searches. SOMETHING would come up. But nothing does. Not an attack on the film. But somebody show me anything else on the internet referring to the island or the man and I will believe this is more than marketing (maybe). If it is just marketing, you have done a great job but damnit why did I stay up all night reading this?

2. Collapse Details
    Jackson, I found the lighthouse on a search. Interesting history & location. Some thing's are out there.. I found a bunch of pictures of that lighthouse at damn near best quality -- including the one scanned in this thread. Just at original quality..

3. Collapse Details
    The picture I posted isn't of the Croquanna Lighthouse. The Croquanna Lighthouse was more inland, about a half mile from the shoreline. I'm assuming that either this is just a generic diagram of how the Croquanna Lighthouse worked, or there are more than one lighthouses like the one on Croquanna Island.

Oh, as far as Google, that's easily explainable if I can find the right files. Helmond had a copy of the original censor and sanitation order. I'll see if I can find it. I didn't think it would be important, so I just tossed it in a pile of the stuff I wasn't planning on using.

4. Collapse Details
    So did the Island get re-named?

5. Collapse Details
    No. It's odd. I know for a fact that it was turned into a wildlife preserve after it was razed, but never renamed. Almost like they just stripped the name off of it. I tried referencing the Notice to Mariners from the third quarter of 2008 but didn't see anything of note.

I mean, I'm playing along with you, but I know full well that you will never find any trace of that island, and if you do, it will have to be on hardcopy somewhere. Everything electronic has been sterilized. People seriously underestimate the message in this film. You're going to reallize that almost EVERYTHING you've been brought to believe is a lie...and if not a lie, a well-hidden truth.

6. Collapse Details
    Haha, no no. Not at all suggesting I know where it is, or any clues etc. Just that lighthouse you have in your picture -- very interesting stories and history behind It. And a bit of a weird location.

7. Collapse Details
    Can you give me a link? The picture I posted was a copy of a copy with the notes and stuff obviously hand written on it. If there is a chance, though, that another lighthouse similar to Croquanna exists...well, someone needs to now.

8. Collapse Details
    Last edited by Ki-Ki; 02-02-2010 at 08:43 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    In my understanding, google does not censor searches AT ALL other than in China which I have of course been following and at the moment they are no longer doing this (or won't be soon). I also know someone who works for google and the company is very serious about their whole do no evil thing. Ki-Ki, PLEASE PM ME whatever you sent Rod. I don't see why you had to PM it to anyone though why can't you just post it up here? Please post or PM me any info. PM ing is fine I guess but I don't see why. Anyways I am sure I will enjoy the film either way.
    *Formerly Entity*

10. Collapse Details
    ''ABANDONED POLAR NUCLEAR LIGHTHOUSE''

Lighthouse Location

A shore party to the Lighthouse.. http://englishrussia.com/?p=2198

May want to translate this one.. sorry:- http://www.sakhalin.ru/boomerang/news4.html

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast