Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    "For Your Own Safety" A Helmond Flannigan film

TAGLINE: Believe only what you see...

Synopsis:

Directed by the late Helmond Flannigan, "For Your Own Safety" sheds new light on the Government's handling of the Croquanna Island incident like you have never seen before, and raises the question, "If you can't trust your government...who can you trust?"
    Last edited by RodThompson; 12-28-2009 at 08:16 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    A Note From the Producer:

I first met Helmond Flannigan this past spring when I was working on The Fence Rider and he was preparing to begin production on "For Your Own Safety." Helmond, at the age of 64, was a helluva guy, and I was blessed to have known him if only for the short, online duration that we chatted. He was a deeply passionate man, who loved nothing more than to spin a good factual yarn, and though called a Conspiracy Nut, he brought a level of authenticity to his stories than could never be denied as anything other than truth. The film making world truly lost something special with his death.

About a month or so ago, I received a package from a Law Firm in Sandusky, Ohio with contents that I consider to be priceless...the nine minutes of footage for "For Your Own Safety." Nine minutes...a film about a subject that Helmond held so close to his heart, and he was only able to get nine minutes of film. It saddens me to think of how great this film would have been were he to have completed it in its entirety.

I hope that come March, you will view this film and honor the man who died before it was done, but also take away form it a fear of never knowing who to trust.

(I have been corrected as to the cause of Helmond's death. What was on video was actually just a bad mishap that he walked away from relatively unscathed. So I took out that blurb about the footage)
    Last edited by RodThompson; 12-28-2009 at 03:47 PM.

3. Collapse Details

GRABS

VICTIM BIOS DELETED

Received the email from Nick with undeniable proof that my bios were fictitious lies, fed to me by...someone. The pictures he sent me showed three of my "victims" in lab coats, though none of the bios emailed to me from "family members" mentioned any sort of scientific background for anyone. I'm not saying that all of the victims were "fakes", but these three clearly were, which was enough to justify deletetion of all. I apologize for posting false information, but at the time I was posting it, I had no reason to believe I would be fed disinformation.
    Last edited by RodThompson; 01-25-2010 at 01:59 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Quotes

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

"I keep the subject of my inquiry constantly before me, and wait till the first dawning opens gradually, by little and little, into a full and clear light." - Sir Isaac Newton

Investigative Notes

Found this picture on a CD-ROM that was enclosed with Helmond's footage and documents. I have tried to restore it the best that I could, but it seems to be a copy of a copy of a scan of a copy...Not sure what to make of it. I'll post more as I come across it.

This email was sent to my wWORK (@navy.mil) account while I was out of town. The properties on the senders email were simply his name (@agency.gov).

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2009 17:06
    To: Thompson, Rodger OS2 USN
    Subject: Island Life

Rodger,

First, you should be very careful when using government computers for non-government work. Especially when dealing with the "outing" of something that many people in said government believe is a controversial topic. While I no doubt believe you have a copy of Mr. Flannigan's footage (As do many others he trusted), I do question whether you have the required evidence to ever make someone believe it. There is so much more to the story than the testimony of an annonymous survivor and two minutes of video footage. So MUCH more. Don't get me wrong, you're on the right trail, so keep sniffing. Your lighthouse picture is quite nice, I'll give you that, but do you even know what those symbols and equations mean? I doubt you do, and before you go about asking "professionals," I would ask that you simply wait. This picture is much larger than you could ever imagine, and was painted by a brush so large that only God could weild it. When you would like to know the REAL truth, and see how twisted the world really is (not just Flannigan's version of the story) I'll be in touch. This email address will be deleted after I send this, so don't bother replying. I'll give you a call on your cell this weekend. You're working nights, right? Give my regards to your boys.

Nick
    OMG! I just got this one!!!!

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2009 17:06
    Subject: Island Life

You cut and paste my email? Look, some things I tell you cannot be posted on a website, or in an email, or even spoken over the phone. So know that if I tell you to keep something a secret, I mean it. Since you apparently need some scraps for the kinnel, here. You have to love the honesty in the media these days. Why did I send you this? You have Helmond's notes...figure it out.

Nick

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1234430/Mystery-spiral-blue-light-display-hovers-Norway.html
    THE CALL!

Nick is no doubt seeing this, so I'm not going to divulge everything that we talked about. He called me on my cell phone, Sunday night while I was at work. We spoke nonchalantly about my job and Nick once again showed his tact by commenting on the web site I was looking at while we talked on the phone. His way of letting me know he's always watching I guess. From his name, I gathered a younger man, but on the phone, he sounded late fourties to fifties, mostly likely a smoker or previous smoker from the scratch on his voice. After more BS talk, he grilled me about Helmond Flannigan. How I knew him? Where I met him?...I think Nick was actually bored with my answers, or relieved., because he never followed any of the questions up with a serial line of questioning. The last question he asked me sort of threw me off a bit. Not because it was absurd, or too technical...but because I had never asked myself this question. "Do you even know that Helmond is dead?" Now, from the footage, it would appear that he was murdered by someone off camera, but looking at the footage a few times I realize...we never actually see Helmond die. Nick hung up while I was still thinking about my answer. I have no doubts that he will be calling back.

DEC. 28TH, 2009

One of the two latest emails from Nick Alset. This one seems to be filled with symbology of the sort, or maybe it's all literalisms and figues of speech...all I know is that as of tonight, the last line of this email has me completely, an utterly FREAKED THE EFF OUT.

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2009 14:03
    Subject: Fun at the Beach

Rod,

I must say that this cloak and dagger approach to investigative science is enthralling! In addition to my last email about those BIOS on DVX, I thought you would like to officially know that you've made "the list." Nothing to fear, as of yet, but still be careful where you push. Sometimes the door opens slowly and sometimes it opens without warning and swallows you whole. Never know which room you'll end up in. Could be Roosevelt's Kitchen, could be Hitler's Bell Room. You just never know. I keep telling myself that I'm doing the right thing here, by assisting you. A part of me wishes I could be more open, and shine a brighter light on Croquanna Island and guide you a little more, but alas...I remain in the dark, atop the spire, doing what I can from here. Don't forget that you'd push the cart.

Nick
    Why am I freaked? Because tonight on the phone with my wife (I at work, her at her parents a state away) she mentioned that she was looking at old pictures of us when we were dating. She commented how full of shi* I was, noting that she remembered me telling her, "if you were a bag lady, I'd push your cart." This little film just took on a whole new level of creepy.

MEGA UPDATE!

The SEA FOX Incident

As I have been reading through Helmond's papers and ongoing investigations into Croquanna, I'm almost 100% sure that he had this whole thing figured out. My only problem is that Nick Alset has been telling me that I shouldn't believe everything Helmond wrote (been talking to Nick in emails I don't post here). One of major titles that I keep seeing is "The Sea Fox Incident." Helmond was almost 100% sure that whatever the Sea Fox Incident was, it was the tying factor in all of this. Almoist like a "five points" where all of the trails of his investigation came into play.

The only thing that Helmond had in print about the incident was a mostly blacked out government-authored document (most likely declassified) that mentions "innumerable fatalities." I don't want to get distracted from the truths that are spoken in the interview piece that Helmond willed to me, but this seems to be the bigger picture he wants me to tell. The evolution of this secret, and the strain that it's bringing to a once-simple task is very daunting, but I promise that I will only submit a film that I feel Helmond would want told.

For Sale: NOTHING

Also of some note (that I didn't know until now) is that Croquanna Island was UNINHABITED for over 50 years! According to Helmond's notes, the island was deemed "unsafe" during the summer of 1945, and completely vacated by the following Spring. It was only in 2004 that the government allowed for repopulation, but even still, they didn't allow purchases of the properties. Only leases. Seems strange that they would have don't that at the height of the real estate market spike. That land would have been worth billions.

Jan 4th, 2010

After seeing AVATAR yesterday, I had two missed calls on my cell, both from Nick Alset, though he only left one email. Calling from a payphone (he got sloppy and didn’t block the number this time) I found that he was calling from a payphone in (I shi* you not) Roswell, NM. He essentially stated in the voicemail that I needed to pay much closer attention to the email he sent me after Christmas. So going back, as I mentioned before, I found a lot of symbolism and analogical statements. One that rang out was the line about Hitler’s Bell Room or Roosevelt’s Kitchen. So I Googled both terms…one brought back an Associated Content page about “The Nazi Bell.”

One of the mystery's of World War II is that of the Nazi Bell. Not only the Bell, but the man who was in charge of the project Hans Kammler both disappeared from the face of the earth at the end of the war. The Bell device consisted of two counter rotating cylindrical containers. The containers were positioned one above the other. They were filled with both cryogenically cooled and frozen Mercury metal. There was a frozen core of a metallic paste, which served as a high permeability material for an electromagnetic gravitational field also called vortex compression.

The Nazi's were always interested in developing special weapons that they could use. The Bell was one of those projects. How important was the Bell project? It is said that Kammler had more than 60 scientists associated with the project executed to protect it's secrecy.
    The only thing I could relate to the Roosevelt mention was something Helmond had scribbled into one of his journals.

Project Stovetop: 1941-46 --> SEA FOX --> Croquanna Island

Project: Stovetop did begin during Roosevelt’s Presidency, and a Stovetop is located in the kitchen. Now to scour the internet once more for more cryptic bullshi*.

January 22nd

Finally captured the last of my footage (an interview with Nick). In person, he was much older than I expected, but a genuinely nice man. During our interview, he dropped a huge bombshell on me that has led to my complete reorganizing of the subject matter, and film, around this one interview. I think that come March, we're all going to have our minds blown open by TRUTH in its purest form. Especially when you feast your eyes on DOCUMENT: 168241-5. ;)

In the end, I have used practically NONE of Helmond's footage. Not that it wasn't well received, and if I ever make a feature doc about the subject, I will use it, but for now... I will leave his name on the film because he WAS the spirit of this investigation, and it will always be HIS film in my mind.

February 4th
    After a relatively dry spell of cutting new footage around Nick's interview, I allowed myself a break to work on the title card for the film. I know a lot of people don't worry too much about such things, but for me...it felt good to be able to do something that wasn't of a serious subject matter. I feel so changed by everything that has eveolved over the course of this investigation that I forgot what it was like to just have fun with a film. So the titles were fun to make.

On an alternate subject of dryness...I got my first threatening call in almost a month. No overly ominous threats, but more of a thirty minute conversation whereby it was implied that the American people enjoy being dumb. The woman, YES WOMAN, on the other end was like a bill collector in the way she spoke to me. Condescending as if she were better than me, but I could still remind her at any point in time that she was just an employee and had no real stake in any of this. I didn't of course, and we just had a nice Q/A about the film, what I intended to reveal, and of course...where was I getting my information? I was as vague as years of government training have taught me. The convo ended with an idle threat about my career in the military, and I passed it off with an "it's a good thing I'm getting my degree then, huh?"
    Last edited by RodThompson; 02-26-2010 at 07:55 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Welcome back Rod!

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

6. Collapse Details
    Sorry, Rodney. No Rod in this one. I'm just cutting. The real cred goes to Helmond.

7. Collapse Details
    looks like Rod's prescription expired, someone call his doctor.

8. Collapse Details
    Rod, you are now on the goverments hit list. So if this film doesn't make it into the fest we will assume you have been offed.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

9. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Croquanna Island? Seriously? Why does that name ring a bell?

EDIT: I remember the name from a couple of years ago, but now I can't even find anything on google. Trying to track down an old friend who might be able to fill me in on the details but now this is bugging me. Damn you Rod!
    Last edited by Rodney V. Smith; 12-02-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

10. Collapse Details
    Rod, don't you work for the government? You sure you want to risk your career if they find out you're putting this together?

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast