1. Collapse Details
    Digital Cinema Course
    So I was on DVXUser last night, and I saw a banner ad for Digital Cinema Course. I thought, "Eh, why not?" So I clicked it, and it took me to their page. I was blown away by what was offered on their DVD course. It honestly looks fantastic. However, it's a little pricey for me, and I didn't want to just drop that kind of money (once I save it up) without hearing from a 3rd party about it. I didn't know if anyone here has used it or not, and I'd love to hear some testimonies of either good or bad. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not BAD, but even mediocre is not good. I'm sorry if this isn't allowed (since they are a sponsor), and I understand if this is deleted. Also, if you'd like to tell me via PM's, that's cool, too. Well, thanks for your time!

http://www.digitalcinemacourse.com/

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    I bought the whole package, the base course plus the compositing series and audio intermediate guide, and I learned a ton from it. It's basically film school in a box. And you're only spending $500 as opposed to $40k per year.

3. Collapse Details
    Cinematography/Lighting Mod Ryan Patrick O'Hara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McCarrick View Post
    I bought the whole package, the base course plus the compositing series and audio intermediate guide, and I learned a ton from it. It's basically film school in a box. And you're only spending $500 as opposed to $40k per year.
    ^ Let the age old debate begin.... again... and again! haha.

If cinematography wasn't infinite, I'm sure I would have found the end by now.

4. Collapse Details
    I have the course, minus the compositing and audio courses and thought it was pretty good. I think there are differing views (obviously) on how the information is presented, but I don't think you can go wrong with this. There is a lot of information from the beginning to the more advanced.

Of course it depends on your level of experience and how you learn, etc.

I went to film school, but still buy most training aids because I feel that the learning process is continuous and you never know where that one great kernel of info will come from.

I also say I'll never buy another book on screenplay writing, but I always do, because there will be one or two bits that makes it worth it....training DVD's, books, etc are the same in my opinion.

$500 might be pricey, but imagine what went into the making of this product.

My two bits.
    I know how to do it. You just wouldn't know it from the way that I do it.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Patrick O'Hara View Post
    ^ Let the age old debate begin.... again... and again! haha.
    Yeah, don't let this get into "Film school vs. this DVD series" That's not what this is. Film school is NOT an option. While I understand that for some it is, great! I just CAN NOT go to film school given where I am currently in life.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by insanityfw View Post

$500 might be pricey, but imagine what went into the making of this product.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say, "How can they charge so much?" I think that's a very fair price for what they seem to be offering. I just want to make sure that it really IS as good as it looks. Once I spend more than $150 on anything, I analyze it over and over and over again.

7. Collapse Details
    Just looked at the Youtube samples. It looks like great stuff.

-Nate

MAKE YOUR MOVIE NOW!

Writer/Director/Producer/Editor/Composer/Prop Master/Action Hero
    Canon T3i/Apple Final Cut Studio 2/After Effects CS3/Action Essentials 2/Garageband 4.1.2

The Fourth Beast-2003 | Wages of Sin -2007 | Epitaph: Bread and Salt -2011