Thread: IMDB Question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    IMDb is also heavily influenced by it's current categorical nature. If you have director credits, adding a new film with 'you' as director is a little easier, even if you haven't sent it off to any festivals. Getting a new listing in a new category in which you have no credits is more strict. In most cases, you'll need the withoutabox invitation or a festival acceptance elsewhere in which to back up your first time claim.

2. Collapse Details
    I found that it'd be much easier by just submitting to any of the IMDB qualified festivals, then wait for the invitation code to list it on IMDB. Your film doesn't have to be accepted at the festivals, if they receive it and consider it, you will be invited!!!

3. Collapse Details
    This may have changed but I thought a short film had to have won an award of some kind to get listed--particularly if it was a DVXuser short. So a DVXFest Winner could get listed but not a non-winning entry.

4. Collapse Details
    It might be before but now we have withoutabox and it was owned by IMDB so it's easier.

5. Collapse Details
    Geez. I thought it just had to do with having a public screening. That was my understanding anyways.

For example, in a physical building where people physically attend.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_R View Post
    IMDb is also heavily influenced by it's current categorical nature. If you have director credits, adding a new film with 'you' as director is a little easier, even if you haven't sent it off to any festivals. Getting a new listing in a new category in which you have no credits is more strict. In most cases, you'll need the withoutabox invitation or a festival acceptance elsewhere in which to back up your first time claim.
    We will have to try again as I do have a director and producer credit on the SAG feature we did A/S/L. Also, guess it is time to start submitting to a few festivals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12