Thread: IMDB Question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    IMDB Question
    OK, I am confused. We've tried to submit both The Tell and Tarts Fools & The G-Men to IMDB. The response (based on the IMDB rules) came back and made sense, and thus based just on DVX fest, the two shorts didn't get a posting. We need to submit them to other festivals, etc. That's fine.

What I don't understand, and I really want help with from our wonderful DVX community, is how is it that other DVX shorts have garnered IMDB credits? I know for a fact that a few somehow earned IMDB credit without submission to other festivals. What am I missing?? We also have a Without A Box account and have created profiles of the films there as well.

Thoughts? Secrets? Having additional IMDB credits for what we think are very solid short films is a good thing and we just need to figure this out.

- oh, one more thought. At least for me and Kevin E. Curry, we have a feature credit on IMDB for Age Sex Location A/S/L that was a very legit Sag Indie feature shot two years ago for a reasonable budget. So, we are at least in the IMDB system...

2. Collapse Details
    All the ones I've worked on that got credit were in other festivals.

3. Collapse Details
    My films have been in other festivals as well.

4. Collapse Details
    start submitting to festivals through withoutabox and once you get in to certain festivals they will send you an email with a code for your project that is required to get listed.

5. Collapse Details
    I also heard that if you have IMDB Pro, you could have it listed without having to submit to other festivals? is that true?

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah, other festivals, but you don't even have to get in. They give me pages for even films of mine that have not made it into any "legit" festivals. Basically every film I have now has been offered an IMDB page.

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonfilms View Post
    OK, I am confused. We've tried to submit both The Tell and Tarts Fools & The G-Men to IMDB. The response (based on the IMDB rules) came back and made sense, and thus based just on DVX fest, the two shorts didn't get a posting. We need to submit them to other festivals, etc. That's fine.

What I don't understand, and I really want help with from our wonderful DVX community, is how is it that other DVX shorts have garnered IMDB credits? I know for a fact that a few somehow earned IMDB credit without submission to other festivals. What am I missing?? We also have a Without A Box account and have created profiles of the films there as well.

Thoughts? Secrets? Having additional IMDB credits for what we think are very solid short films is a good thing and we just need to figure this out.

- oh, one more thought. At least for me and Kevin E. Curry, we have a feature credit on IMDB for Age Sex Location A/S/L that was a very legit Sag Indie feature shot two years ago for a reasonable budget. So, we are at least in the IMDB system...

Could the others be listing in Hollywood Reporter? If you list in HR and show that to IMDB, they'll list you on IMDB.
    Last edited by Andrew McCarrick; 11-14-2009 at 12:30 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    No, I think it's just because IMDB owns without a box now, or vice versa.

Maybe because my name is associated with other films of mine, I dunno. All I know is filling in all that stuff is one more thing I need an intern for...

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by vnguyen972 View Post
    I also heard that if you have IMDB Pro, you could have it listed without having to submit to other festivals? is that true?
    I'm not too sure about that. I think once you submit one for Imdb Pro it's only for IMDB Pro. Kind of like some films that are coming out way later in the year on regular IMDB you click on then it says you must have IMDB Pro to view the films. I think that's as far as the IMDB Pro way will get you. Not 100% sure on that that though.

On the regular IMDB I've just learned to submit as much possible info as you possibly can, and you will have more of a chance of getting your film submitted.

10. Collapse Details
    A google search shows that sending 2 dvd's to www.createspace.com (amazon.com) and following some of the guidelines will get an imdb credit approx. 6 week turnaround. Amazon owns IMDb so...

But concerning the rather expeditious IMDb credits some finalists have garnered... must be because they've had previous works listed.

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast