1. Collapse Details
    Camera rig for travels
    Hi,

I'm a frequent traveller and have just purchased the canon 7D for my next journey to Africa.
    I will be using a tripod (any ideas on a lightweight but good video tripod and tripod head?) and I was also thinking of getting a simple, lightweight, good camera rig for the trip.
    I want to be able to shoot stable footage without always using the tripod. Sometimes there are situations when you simply don't have time to set one up.

Does anyone have any tips on what stable camera rig to get for travel purposes?
    (nothing too expensive... zacuto have some great stuff, but it's really pricey)

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    You should probably ask this question under the Canon thread. If I'm not mistaken they have a canon 7D forum. I don't have that cam, so I can't answer, but you probably won't get a response over here.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

3. Collapse Details
    Maybe a mod will move this post to the DSLR category, but in the meantime.

A zacuto rig or one of the korean-made shoulder rigs would work. You can make them into many configurations and they can break down into small parts. I'm not sure about light weight tripods.

Do a search for shoulder rigs or dslr rigs and you will find a lot of things.

Here are some galleries of the different kind of rigs that I use including a monopod, gunstock, shoulder mounts, etc.

http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx103/insanityfw/

http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/x...%20For%20Sale/

best,

J.
    I know how to do it. You just wouldn't know it from the way that I do it.

4. Collapse Details
    Thank you, insanityfw!

I'll repost this in another thread. =o)

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Tinefis...

I have the solution for you... i recently purchased a crazy camera rig that suits my needs for both photo and video... it's a company i found on the net, they build a solid, very light and very well conceived rig that is a lot cheaper than Zacuto and in my opinion... way better!!

go on this website, they have pics and videos that show us how easy it is to shoot with it... Mine is a Red Mammouth, i use it on tv sets when i shoot with a EX3, i also use it with a Photo camera. All i had to buy in extra was a Manfrotto adapter to extend it on the side...

here's the website...

www.shapewlb.com

hope this helps

6. Collapse Details
    whoa... a simple post and so many responses and links. My apologies for not doing the search first, that was stupid of me. Thanks for all the pointers, though!