Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I'd like to go on record and say that I think I've seen all the films and I've been impressed with what seems an overall improvement. There was maybe one film that I saw that was bad in terms of lighting, acting, directing and story, but other than that I've been impressed by alot of the films here. Usually there will be several that have lots of technical issues and basic fundamental filmmaker issues, but I didn't find that in this fest. There were alot of surprises. We must all be learning something and getting better!

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

2. Collapse Details
    I will go on record with Marlon and say that I think this fest has definitely shown significant growth on the part of all the filmmakers entering. I think I rated more films higher in this fest than ever, and there were way, way, way fewer films that merited the lowest marks. Congrats to everyone for raising their game!

3. Collapse Details
    I thought the good films were quite good and the bad ones weren't as bad as previous fests, so there was definitely growth there. A lot more of the films fell into the middle range which was also an improvement over past fests.

I'm not sure I saw a single film where the actors weren't age appropriate for their roles. In and of itself that shows a lot of growth from the filmmakers. And overall, the acting is getting much better. It looks like a lot more thought is going into casting than ever before.

4. Collapse Details
    I would tend to agree with the sentiment that there was a larger middle pack this time around... There were films that I enjoyed for various different reasons this time. Some b/c of technical execution/production value, some b/c of creativity, some b/c of how they chose to embrace and interpret the theme... etc... There seems to be more films this time around that I was more forgiving of technical shortcomings b/c of other areas that I thought they did very well in.

Oh... and voting is now closed. we'll post the results in a moment and open up round 2 voting as well.

later,
    jason

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

5. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    I try to every fest, not everyone can though. Best thing about these festivals is getting some feedback.
    I know I take a lot of it to heart and have learned quite a bit in the process.

Cheers,

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony Horrigan View Post
    Best thing about these festivals is getting some feedback.
    I know I take a lot of it to heart and have learned quite a bit in the process.

Cheers,

Mike
    That makes 2 of us.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12