Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The best shot music video with the 7D IMO
    http://vimeo.com/7199178

Don't know if someone posted this one already. But I'll do it again!

It's cool that it's shot on 7D but everything works for me on this one. Good idea and
    execution always wins out.

2. Collapse Details
    That was unreal. A great example of good art direction.

3. Collapse Details
    According to one of the directors websites, they used a 30mm lens. I'm assuming it was the Sigma 30mm f1.4...

4. Collapse Details
    That was amazing! I loved every bit of it - the shots, the editing, the soft colours, the casting, the location, the idea. Everything! I generally don't like this kind of music but it just worked so well; the fast cuts to the drum rolls etc.

I just watched it 3 times in a row, with a big smile on my face each time. This has become not just my favourite HDSLR music video but one of my favourite music videos, period. Wow.

5. Collapse Details
    Wow. I just forwarded that to my favorite colorist!

On the line of great HDSLR music videos.. I really enjoyed this one: http://vimeo.com/6540668.

It was shot on the 5dII with a helmet cam and a wide angle.

6. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    Wow the Hecq Vs Exillion video is excellent. I love the de-saturated, low contrast look. Nice work. They also seem like fans of Aphex Twin, which is not a bad thing either.
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

7. Collapse Details
    what an amazing music video, a perfect setting for an hdslr. i will watch it some more but i think it's also one of the best music videos i know.

it has that kind of raw energy, playground style like spike jonzes sabotage. and that means something.

8. Collapse Details
    very cool, how did they get that washed out look? was this done with color correction?

9. Collapse Details
    Epic! This flick has inspired me to look a color correction a bit more seriously.

10. Collapse Details
    As someone who this video is directed at (fan of the genre, age group...) I can say it definitely appealed.

Technically speaking I enjoyed it more :P I loved the overall desaturated style, especially as it's contrasted with a very nice bright day, gives the video a somewhat uncomfortable feel. Editing was superb once the music kicked in, and, like Oborostyle says, I liked the playground type feel of the shot selections during the 'war' part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast