Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    DVI-hd cable - that's what I need. I was thinking the same thing about how the 50 mb compression just kills trying to put it on a tv. I guess I'll have to check it out and see.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

2. Collapse Details
    Okay I spent the day being depressed cuase I didn't finish in time but now it's out of my system and I'm totally excited to see the other entries.

1. Do you know what time do they post the films so I can start downloading?

2. I just hooked my old G5 tower to my 42 inch plasma in the living room,
    hooked up the sound system and tested it out on some QuestFest entries.
    Im using the monitor to SVideo converter and it looks pretty damn good.

Having some friends/family over, popping a load of popcorn and going to enjoy
    a great fest from the best seat in the house.

Joneses, Flower, Devils Toy, Prey, Mask, 1%, Witches Bottle, Thirst, El CuCuy, Zaza, Marshall, Sconce etc etc. etc. etc

IT"s ON BABY!!!

3. Collapse Details
    Aw, I'm depressed that you didn't finish in time, too. Are you going to post it later?

I'm probably going to watch most on my laptop, to be honest. I've got a 47" LCD attached to my editing system in my office, but I won't be out there this weekend. I might do a second round of my favorites on the big screen before I submit my votes, thought.

4. Collapse Details
    Hi Amy, yes I'm still going to post it when it's done. The problem is, now, I have the time to be a perfectionist again :-)

I'm not sure where I'm going to post it, but i'll post it somewhere Tee Hee,
    then let Yall know ;-)
    -Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by AmyO View Post
    Aw, I'm depressed that you didn't finish in time, too. Are you going to post it later?

I'm probably going to watch most on my laptop, to be honest. I've got a 47" LCD attached to my editing system in my office, but I won't be out there this weekend. I might do a second round of my favorites on the big screen before I submit my votes, thought.

5. Collapse Details
    Silent Bob's Evil Twin Dustin R. Rogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMerry View Post

Joneses, Flower, Devils Toy, Prey, Mask, 1%, Witches Bottle, Thirst, El CuCuy, Zaza, Marshall, Sconce etc etc. etc. etc

IT"s ON BABY!!!

*cough*

Rogan
    DVXuser Entries
    Secret Admiration | Given | Redemption | Invaild Directive | The Dustin Rogan Project | The Five Worst Days in the Life of Bartholmeow Saxton | Sleep Walk | Melody for Alleyraine | The Gift | Polly | Mundane | Beans

6. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin R. Rogan View Post
    *cough*

Rogan
    Oh don't be a baby Rogan: you've been quiet this time around. If no one is excited to see Polly it's your fault. You have one day left to get out and promote the hell out of it though, so GO!

Get it all over Facebook, get your twiiter set to go, and whatever else you have at your disposal. GO!

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

7. Collapse Details
    Silent Bob's Evil Twin Dustin R. Rogan's Avatar
    already done son...already done

Rogan
    DVXuser Entries
    Secret Admiration | Given | Redemption | Invaild Directive | The Dustin Rogan Project | The Five Worst Days in the Life of Bartholmeow Saxton | Sleep Walk | Melody for Alleyraine | The Gift | Polly | Mundane | Beans

8. Collapse Details
    I'm going to be sitting in the comfort of my own office, dressed up as King Diamond for Halloween, watching all the films by my self with a big bowl pudding and a sprite.

This is going to be great!
    Joel Wear - Filmmaker
    Cinematographer, Director, Producer
    http://www.TuwinEntertainment.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2509633/

"I look not to recreate reality but to construct fantasy"
    -Joel Wear

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocketboy View Post
    Nice setup EditPhish. I'm thinking of getting one of those Mac minis for a computer-based media center in the living room. Are you using an external hard drive or are you feeding off of a NAS connected to your network?
    Neither... this was an impromptu setup, so just the internal drive on the Mini. We had an "extra" mac mini laying around (my daughter's old one) and decided to try it out but it required a bit of reformatting and such. For viewing tonight we'll just be downloading the movies to the internal hard drive and watching them in quicktime.

However, for our day-to-day media, we use two Apple TVs and they are connected to an itunes library on a network drive. I had considered downloading and converting all the fest entries, but that is where the compression kills them. It's actually better, at least by my quick testing, to watch them via a computer connected to the TV and using it like a big monitor. They won't be full-screen, but they'll be big. On a 50" TV the quicktime window ends up about the size of a 32" TV.

Tommy... I'm so disappointed you didn't get your movie in in time!!! I was really looking forward to it.

10. Collapse Details
    I'll probably just watch on a computer but hooking up the laptop to my TV sounds great too. Though, I cringe at the thought of my film being blown up full screen on a 50" television--compression/artifacting would be a killer.

"Lot 6a" -- Official 2009 DVXuser Monsterfest Entry

(click on picture for official thread)

Monster Fest 2009 :: Lot 6a on Facebook :: Lot 6a on Twitter

--

Hell Froze Over - Original Web Series shot with DVX100A and HV20

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast