1. Collapse Details
    Broken internal cable hvx-200
    My battery tabs on the hvx-200 were broken so I ordered a replacement part. Following threads similar to http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=109484, I thought this was a time consuming but simple task.

Regrettably, while disassembling the camera one of the internal cables (24cm, black 5 pin to 5 pin) broke. The red wire, came loose from its connector. I spent a day with schematics and diagrams looking for the part number and have had no luck. Panny B'cast parts told me it was part VEE1C06. Unfortunately their parts division lists most items as "cable" not "5 pin 24 cm black cable" so you almost have to see the part to know if its right.

I received the VEE1C06 and it is not the correct cable. So I again called Panny Parts and a researcher said he would get back to me the next day with the correct part number. This morning I got an email, and again they are saying it was the VEE1C06-- the only part in the world I am sure it is not. I do appreciate their help to this problem, but think that someone on this forum might have experienced something similar.

No one seems to know what part this is...although it came from their camera. So I am asking [begging & pleading] for anyone with more knowledge on this cable for help. I am attaching photos in case this helps (the black cable has E91337 AWM 20276 80C 30V VW-1 on it, but I've been assured this is not a valid part number).

Please help if you can.....

This is a photo of the cable I need (Black 24cm, 5 pin to 5pin) and the veec106 that they keep saying I need.

This photo shows where one end of the cable should attach:

This photo shows where the other end of the cable should attach

This is the end of the broken cable (the other end is exactly the same). 24 cm, black 5 pins:

Last edited by MikeyP; 10-28-2009 at 12:28 PM.
    Want to make a small fortune in the production business? Its easy, start with a large fortune.

2. Collapse Details
    That cable is the firewire 400 cable. The 5 pin you're showing in the first photo thats not in the bag, it goes to the back board on the cam, and hooks up the 4 pin firewire + ground. Is this the cable you need?

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=177130

Follow the link to my disassembly thread. I have the SM for the HVX200. - That cables sole purpose is to deliver Firewire 400 to the side CAM board. it says +5/-5 volts, but its not just power.

I identified this cable in the SM, but did not post it on this site and some-how part 2 of my post was deleted a bit.. - I'll take a second look when I have a chance. But call parts back and ask about Firewire connector to the BACK CBA. from CAM CBA.
    It's in the HVX200 Service Manual under wiring diagrams.

P.P.S. You can repair this very cable, and use a volt meter to tone it out, those plugs are not custom like the ribbon cables, they are crimp and push. Just be careful with the pins on the connectors on the CBA's. Those are easy to bend.

Here is a link to flikr, but it obviously does not have commentary.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweetan...7621968222300/

I'll try to help you ID the part for the cable. - The 12 PIN they sent you is used for Volume Control. and Headphones. this is why it's also not a ribbon cable. The way you disconnected the 12 pin is correct, doing it the other way is perilous (keeping it connected to the back-cba is the way to do it.)

As you can see only 3 cables leave the camera back, AUDIO/FIREWIRE and Ribbon PIN button cable (for IR remote and buttons and F1-F6 wheel selector).

This is not the battery cable. So Theoretically if its broken, and only takes minimal effort to re-install if you don't use Firewire 400 port for offloading or OnLocation, you can just leave it out for now and continue shooting.
    Last edited by DJDecay; 10-28-2009 at 01:53 PM.
    - Working on RADPlug Archtecture, 4.0 TFLOP CUDA Machine
    - Developing DVCPRO MOV Recovery Software to recover from OnLocation, Scopbox and other firewire recorder crashes
    http://fcphacker.blogspot.com/

3. Collapse Details
    This is the 5 pin power cable.
    Last edited by DJDecay; 10-28-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    - Developing DVCPRO MOV Recovery Software to recover from OnLocation, Scopbox and other firewire recorder crashes

4. Collapse Details
    THE Broken Cable you seek is layed out in the Wiring Diagram KR0A0386(3/3) Labeled BACK PANEL (1394 CONNECTOR) CAD Drawing.

Parts next to the Connector 5 PIN read - S5B-ZR-SM4A-GW-TF (LF) SN
    Connector on PCB is P301
    K1KA05B00201

In my parts list the 1394 CABLE reads as PART ID : VEE1C12 (5 Pin 1394 connector) (PART Number 53) in the Exploded Parts List View in the SM.

5. Collapse Details
    Crazy, minutes after you posted, I got an email from Panny Parts saying veec12 is what I needed (it was listed as 'firewire cable'). Friday I looked at the schemos until I was blue in the face, found P301, but still dont know you find the part number.

I thought about repairing the cable, but figured with my luck it would be 23.75 cm's instead of 24 cm's and I would somehow fry the camera [its just how things have been going lately]. I figured if I could find the part # ordering it would ensure it worked corectly I could then button up the camera and NEVER TRY ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN!!!!

I ordered the part, if its correct I'll repost. Thanks a million DJDecay!

Last edited by MikeyP; 10-28-2009 at 02:21 PM.
    Want to make a small fortune in the production business? Its easy, start with a large fortune.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
    Update, I spoke via email to Feldman at Panny Parts and he indicated the part I need is the VEE1C12 which is listed as "firewire cable"- I wish Panny Parts used more meaningful names. [It was the black cable in the above photos]. So I think Im on to something....

I thought about repairing the cable, but figured with my luck it would be 23.75 cm's instead of 24 cm's and I would somehow fry the camera [its just how things have been going lately]. I figured if I could find the part # ordering it would ensure it worked corectly I could then button up the camera and NEVER TRY ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll post if its the correct part #.
    Awesome It looks like we posted this at the same time. :-).

7. Collapse Details
    Cable came today, and it was the correct one!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
    Cable came today, and it was the correct one!
    Yay! - Happy Fixing!

9. Collapse Details
    Hi all,

Thanks very much mikeyp for starting this thread 10 years ago!

I find myself in the EXACT same position.

I have asked Panasonic for that replacement part.

Also –*I have reassembled my camera without that cable, as I don't need the FireWire functionality.

Now when the camera is turned on, the counter is running. None of the playback/record controls are working, and the Zoom doesn't work electronically.

Does anyone know an obvious reason for this?

Thanks