Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    This was a cool film, I really liked the blood fx, the acting was decent but I do agree with the Justins comment of the officer needed to be more calm. He was really freaking out, I think it would have played better with a confused, pissed off cop. But over all very fun film and entertaining. Great job!
    Troy Ruff | Director/Producer
    Check out my new site! www.ruffproductions.net
    email: ruff_troy@yahoo.com

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsaur View Post
    That was pretty crazy. But what was the little black creature that was attacking them? And why did their head start to burst in the first place? I didn't understand why. The handheld camera shots at the beginning were too shaky for me. Your audio was and color grade was really good. You're special makeup, blood was aweseme! Actors were decent. Good entertainment!
    The head burst open because the monster was bursting out. It implies it infests human bodies and explode out of the head.

3. Collapse Details
    Overall loved it, thought you did a great job, gave it an 8, would have given it a 9 or 10 if the iterrogator was a better actor.

Rakesh Jacob : writer director cinematographer editor (wannabe auteur)
    www.vimeo.com/infopimps Check out some of my work
    www.youtube.com/ipimpstv Over 7.9mil views

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks man- an 8 is still great in my book!

5. Collapse Details
    you are sick! great use of blood! when do i get the chance to type that? liked the story idea too, and you had some great looks - the apartment, the garage, the car, even the use of the briefcase tape recorder ( where did you get that? ebay? )

i mirror the other comments on the detective- he was off, not sure if you wished him to be out of control but he was sort of half there and half trying to be. i think the det. could be out of control if there was another calmer det in the room alongside him. that det doesn't even have to say anything. the presence of the silent det would really freak everything out.

this is really good!!

congrats!

6. Collapse Details
    Very good film with some flaws that have already been mentioned by others - mainly the character under reacting while is friend is blowing up and the detective over reacting. I liked how you nearly always kept the camera at an angle - there is a lot of great framing with very few horizontal lines - which cleverly added to the tension. Good job, thanks.

7. Collapse Details
    I liked your concept and setup here. You kept my attention throughout and it had a good flow to it in terms of connecting all the other bits with the interrogation. I thought the interrogator was off a bit in terms of his approach, it felt to me as if he already knew what 'it' was... I was waiting for that twist actually because I felt anyone throwing that much personal energy into the scene must know something more than the suspect. Does that make sense? Like maybe he was part of the coverup for whatever this 'thing' was; like he has been studying/chasing it for a long time. That was just my take on it based on the interrogator's acting.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed it.

8. Collapse Details
    Interesting idea...

I thought the interrogator was a bit over the top, though. His reaction at that end didn't feel in character either.

Lots of good blood effects. I was waiting to see what popped out of his head and was a little disappointed at not seeing it after the build up. But is was still a fun watch.

9. Collapse Details
    Righto! Well this is a gory delicious little tale of um goryness - not without some wild inconsistencies in production - but overall, it certainly delivers some yuckyness! A kind of wild ride as it were.

However, the performance of the Interogator is (i give him kudos its whole-hearted full of enthusiasm and energy) but it comes across as a little desperate. He does not have a stronger prescence or authority even over the calm and relaxed 'dude' whose bloodied and ginger haired without eyebrows! (Obviously a toreture victim of the CIA detaining process)

The gory sequence after he drinks (Budweiser obviously for it to have that effect) is spectucular! I liked it! However the non-reaction of the chap watching TV (it's a good movie sure, but if your friend is vomiting blood, or even worse... late making a cup of tea) then you know something very bad is wrong!

The rest of the tale jaunts along - we go along with the ride - probably in part because of the enigma of what the monster is (making it a slightly annoying none-pay off at the end.)

However i think most will be satisfied by the ballet of blood at the finale.

Overall a very macho - dude orientated gory horror film, with some real highlights, but marred with over-acting in part, and unplausible situations.
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

10. Collapse Details
    This one was my favorite so far. Yes, I agree with the acting in the interrogation room could be better. Most cops are clean shaven, even detectives. So the actor didn't have the right look and his acting didn't compensate for that. However, for the budget the acting was really good and you turned out an overall great flick. I'm glad you didn't show the monster, it is so anti-climatic when you see a half assed monster at the end.

Considering time and budget I say job very well done.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345