Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Yeah, Escape from the Past had exploding heads caused by time travel.

Now with Monsterfest we are in our comfort zone. We hoped to have made something even more fun and over the top for you guys. Hope you dig it.

2. Collapse Details
    sounds pretty badass to me. wicked stills, can't wait to check this one. looks pretty violent, judging by your last entry (escape from the past) this one should prove to be pretty kick a**. looking forward to it.
    Last edited by darkrequiem1134; 10-30-2009 at 08:35 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    BURST is uploaded, awaiting approval. Feels nice. Can't wait to get some feedback.

4. Collapse Details
    man that poster is cool as hell. i better be seein' some scanners-style bursting!
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

5. Collapse Details
    Approved!

6. Collapse Details
    Good camera work and sound in this, lead acting was good although I thought that the detective was unconvincing. What was with the really old tape recorder?

The biggest let down was that we didnt see even a hint of the monster. Even a small monster shot at the end would have really sold this.

7. Collapse Details
    Where was the monster? We never saw it.
    It looked EXCELLENT. Loved the color grading and the blood looked amazing... but we knew that from your screen shots

I thought the acting during the interrogation was a bit stiff. I also thought the guy being interrogated was exceptionally calm, which I might have written off at the end knowing the monster had "infested" him, but that doesn't explain why he was so calm when his friend was basically turning into a puddle of blood in his kitchen.

I thought the music and sound was good, though some of the sound didn't seem to always "fit" what we were seeing.

Best line though - "What burst out of his head???!!!"

Also... why does the interrogator freak out SO soon... the minute the guy spits blood he's screaming like a maniac...

Unfortunately, I couldn't score it very high since we never saw a monster. Despite my criticisms, I did enjoy watching it, and you get more of a thumbs up than thumbs down.

8. Collapse Details
    This was a fun movie. Even though the movies are completely different, it made me think of the movie Splinter. I really liked the handheld camerawork throughout the flashbacks. I felt that it added a bit of intensity to the piece, but I felt that it would have been more effective if the interrogation scenes were shot on a tripod to give it some separation from the flashback sequences. Your pacing was excellent and I really liked your sound design. Good work!

9. Collapse Details
    The camerawork, editing, and style were all very strong here. The intro really got me excited to see the rest of the film. The special effects/blood work was great. The letdown for me was the interrogation scenes. The writing was weak, and I think you were trying to compensate for the fact that it's mainly exposition by having the interrogator get ridiculously intense. It just seemed far too over the top. I think if you had spent more time in the flashbacks and less in the interrogation room, it would have worked better for me.

You've got the technical aspects down pat, I'd just work more on refining your writing.

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks to everyone for the comments. The feedback is very appreciated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast