Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GH1 Strap rivet broken
    GH1 Strap rivet broken. Luckily I was holding it while realizing. Apparently someone else had the same issue and was not so lucky, http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=33027337

Very irritating... anyone had this happen? Think I should just let Panasonic sort it out?

2. Collapse Details
    Sounds like a manufacturing (design) defect if it happened during normal use, probably fixable under warranty.

3. Collapse Details
    this is bad, you are the 3rd person i know now that it has happened to

4. Collapse Details
    Yup, sucks. If Panasonic don't offer a quick solution, I'll get a solid third party solution. Such an expensive device needs to be secure or it could be an expensive accident...

5. Collapse Details
    geez that's no good. any side in particular? do you guys also find it annoying that the left one always hits the lcd screen when you open and rotate?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Fanny View Post
    geez that's no good. any side in particular? do you guys also find it annoying that the left one always hits the lcd screen when you open and rotate?
    YESSSSSSS!!!!...really drives me insane. But thank you, thats just got me thinking... perhaps a good reason to get a simple wrist strap instead. Considering it came off the left side (where the LCD is), maybe that is a good idea. Coming to think of it, the shoulder strap is pretty useless. Only thing is, I'll have to close the hole from the rivet.

How about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Strap-for-P...ht_1632wt_1300

Any other options?

7. Collapse Details
    bought it... 25 euros, think its cool.. will definitely help with the strap not being in the way of the LCD.

8. Collapse Details
    I'd like to see some sort of outer shell accessory to protect it from dings and scratches along with a strap mechanism. It seems like the strap swivel would be under warranty though. Anybody turned theirs in after this happened? The looks of it seems pretty sturdy. Any photographs of exactly where this is happening on the camera and how it has become detached?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    I'd like to see some sort of outer shell accessory to protect it from dings and scratches along with a strap mechanism. It seems like the strap swivel would be under warranty though. Anybody turned theirs in after this happened? The looks of it seems pretty sturdy. Any photographs of exactly where this is happening on the camera and how it has become detached?
    Well I was holding it, and just saw this so definitely a production flaw. The fact that this has happened a few times means that its just a weak build area on the camera. Might not happen to every camera, but definitely not interested in repairing and reusing.

Happy with the handstrap, fantastic not having the strap in the way of the LCD, but also interested in the Blackrapid R-strap, which only uses the tripod socket.

http://www.enjoyyourcamera.com/Camer...9e0f2f6854f4ce

10. Collapse Details
    Interesting. Does it look like it was attached by glue? Or did something actually break?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast