Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Encore CS3 error mesage, won't build DVD
    I've created a basic menu in Encore CS3 with two buttons and two separate timelines. I've checked and previewed my project several times and everything works OK. However, when I try and build a DVD disk, I get this error message: "PGS "file name" has an error at 3;29;14 (the very end of the video clip) Internal software error: %0. line (my file name). PGC info: name= "my file name" ref= EPGC.time=00;3;29;14.

I rendered this video clip out of After Effects CS3 as an mpeg2 file. Have tried re-rendering out of a new After Effects project and result is the same. Have also tried different disks, same result.

The second clip in the Encore project works fine; it was captured the same way in the same format. Both timelines play fine whne previewed in Encore and all links and buttons fiunction perfectly.

What does this error mean and how do I correct the problem?

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Try searching error messages exactly in Google to see what kind of solutions they are trying:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2027663

I'm going to warn you in advance that Adobe Encore CS3 (and CS4) are some of the most buggiest pieces of software you will work with. With many error messages you have to re-do your entire project from scratch to fix the issue. Nothing short of a voodoo sacrifice will allow you to successfully build DVD/Blu-Rays that you could sell in a retail environment. If you're pushing out discs on a regular basis, try investing in different software since you will save yourself time and money.

The sad part is that when you have too many menus, timelines, subtitles, or combination of the 3, the program falls apart. Is is not a professional disc authoring software contrary to what Adobe leads you to believe. It is a hobbyist tool at best.
    Alexander Mejia, Creative Director at Human Interact

3. Collapse Details
    Encore CS3 is very flasky. CS4 seems to be more stable.

4. Collapse Details
    Can you recommend any decent disc authoring software?

5. Collapse Details
    Encore CS4 is more stable. I am using it as I only need to author once, export to both DVD and BluRay. CS4 also support authoring BluRay PopUp menu. BluRay doesn't have Root menu and Title menu like DVD.

6. Collapse Details
    I am using encore cs3 at the moment and I have just encountered a really infuriating problem. All of a sudden Encore refuses to burn onto any kind of blank DVD! It just spits out the DVD 20 seconds into the build! It was working fine before. It's not the DVD writer itself as I tested it on other software and it's obviously not the discs! Does this sound like a problem you've encountered? or is my PC busted?

7. Collapse Details
    Don't use Encore to burn disc. Use encore to export to DVD Folder. Then use ImgBurn (free) to burn the disc. Encore is very flaky. So best to give it less chors as possible.

8. Collapse Details
    why is the software so temperamental? It's so frustrating, Adobe software is amazing but it always seems to let me down at the most crucial point. Thank you for the advice btw.
    Rob

9. Collapse Details
    unfortunately ImgBurn won't work either, it keeps giving me all sorts of errors. Any chance you know what might be going on?

10. Collapse Details
    If ImgBurn give you error, that means you do have problems with your system. can you tell me more what kind of error you receive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast