Troy Ruff | Director/Producer
    Check out my new site! www.ruffproductions.net
    email: ruff_troy@yahoo.com

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Ruff View Post
    congrats on being the top list!
    Nope... we weren't... "Learning to Prey" was, not us

3. Collapse Details
    Congratulations to all the winners! Good show everyone!

And I just wanted to thank SprocketBoy for the invite to the Hells Gate Social... we had a great time and it was fun to see our film (and others) on the "big screen". We enjoyed meeting Alex, Mark, Rodney and everyone else.

This has been a great experience! Look forward to the next one!

4. Collapse Details
    Thank you for coming out. It was great seeing all of you as well. I'll try to setup other events in the future perhaps more elaborate. Hopefully, we will see you making more films.

5. Collapse Details
    Cool meeting y'all on Sunday night!

6. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Couple hours "free" so I'm popping in to say how cool it was to meet you guys. Always good to put faces to names and then a bonus to meet the actors. Bonus on the monster being your brother. I see a common theme here.

REVIEW:
    It was kind of cool seeing "Prey" on the biggish screen and with an audience. Watching these movies from the confines of your living room, office or bedroom insome cases makes you forget what the films are really about. Crowd reaction is such a great thing to feed on.

I enjoyed this piece mainly because of the simple storytelling and the effective transformation into the monster. Yes there are some quibbles about the blood being smeared on a little too conveniently, but oh well. Next time just let the actor get elbow deep in blood and splash around a bit. That gets some effective splatter, but really only good for that one day. Also a bit messy. Anyway, you edited everything together well and hit most of the beats. Music was effective and it was altogether sound.

Except-- when your actor started to run it looked like he had watched one too many Wolfman movies. We're supposed to believe this is a predator on the hunt... he has the scent of the prey and he's beginning o change... and what we get is this dude hobbling along and lurching. More fluid movement, absolute control of his body and joy in the movement, joy in th hunt would have sold that so much more. It would have been believable especially after the carnage of the campsite. A monster fully in control of his body with no lurching moves is the monster who massacred everyone in sight. So there's a bit of a disconnect at that point. It's the one thing that always jars me out of the movie.

Everything else s good storytelling, but just for that one bit you lose me.

Good movie, a great entry. You guys put in a lot of solid work and it shows.

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213