Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Missing Flip-out (articulating) LCD
    Buying 7D but really need an articulating LCD for low angle shooting ~
    For composition, not focus! Any ideas for small flippable lcd moniter attached to cam via tripod screw or access shoe or both ~ under $500 if possible.

2. Collapse Details
    If it's not for critical focus, just get a consumer DVD player with a video input and plug it into the side while your camera is on the ground or wherever. You can pick them up cheap - this is under $100 from B&H and you can probably find them for half that if you shop around (a book-type with 2 inges would be better, of course).

They're useless for image quality work of course, but if you just want to see what you're doing they work fine. If you want to spend a bit more, you could bring a laptop and attach the accessory shoe to the 7d for about $600, which will give you all kinds of useful options.

3. Collapse Details
    JXD921 multimedia player lasts for 6 hours with inbuilt battery and will provide composition aid at $77 incl shipping. It works as a low rez 3:2 lcd screen for 5d MKII at least. It is so compact and sleek that you might want to cut yourself. Search the ebay for that but remember that it is only a 3.5" screen at low rez and it has no mounting holes so you must invent something to hold it on your camera (double sided tape at a QR plate mounted to a small ball head that's attached to the hot shoe might just do)

T
    LCDVF
    Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Tõnis Liivamägi and Autonomicum OÜ are licensed under a
    Creative Commons License

4. Collapse Details
    How does the JXD921 fare in outdoors?

I have a cheap handheld TV that I thought I could use, but in sunlight (not even direct sunlight) it's almost useless.

-X

5. Collapse Details
    You could make a shade for it.

6. Collapse Details
    Has anyone ever tried to reflect the LCD screen using a small mirror attachment?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by hermmermferm View Post
    Has anyone ever tried to reflect the LCD screen using a small mirror attachment?
    First surface mirror it should be. And then deal with the reversed image - not funny.

T
    LCDVF
    Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by Tõnis Liivamägi and Autonomicum OÜ are licensed under a
    Creative Commons License

8. Collapse Details
    Here's a cool idea (I think). Why not use one of THESE small camcorders and feed the image through its AV input. Find a way to mount it next to the DSLR and use its articulating LCD to frame with. I don't see why you can't use it to focus also since they are also Full HD cams.

9. Collapse Details
    That mini hd camera idea is clever, would worry about the ergonomics.. I wonder if someone could hack this? Would match nicely! Anyone know what that connector is?

10. Collapse Details
    I've heard some of these have been used in the field with success...I'm looking into a monitor also which I can check shots on the spot (damn the GH-1 for no live view out...while recording)

Also I'm looking into one of these for framing, critical focus and shot review: http://www.sknet-web.co.jp/product/d...ification.html
    (it's in Japanese but you'll be able to get the idea)
    Last edited by SonicStates; 09-23-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: more info

"Circles" Thread HERE

"Circles" Facebook fan page HERE

'Money talks they say. All it ever said to me was "Goodbye."' - Cary Grant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast