Thread: RED at IBC 2009

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Ha ha. True that. Thanks for the reports, particularly about the Uniq optics and Zeiss Compacts. First time I heard that the Compacts felt cheap - but coming from you I trust that there's merit to that evaluation. I wonder who makes Uniq lenses - I guess I can find that out on google later.

Yeah, it would be interesting to find out what kind of glass Canon actually intends to put on any APS-C sized video camera - probably something like their great 2/3" broadcast lenses but with a much more limited zoom range so that the lens isn't HUGE because of the larger APS sensor. They got a lot of things to work out I guess. I don't think we'll see such a camera until 2010 because theres so much to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by hoarp001 View Post
    Yeah.

He said hell would freeze over before canon stick a nikon mount on one of their cameras.

2. Collapse Details
    As far as I could gather, it sounds like its just gonna have an EOS mount like the 5D.

I would like to have another look at the compact primes, I suspect that the warmth from the camera made the lenses feel worse than they really are. Also I dont like how the front element slides in and out as you focus. Really drives it home that its a rehoused SLR lens....

but it has a VERY nice iris, and the Uniq lens I saw had a slightly wonky one (one of the blades was in the wrong place giving it a lopsided hexagon shape)

3. Collapse Details
    Woah... I missed this thread entirely. Thanks for the updates Hoarp; some interesting stuff in here.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by hoarp001 View Post
    He said hell would freeze over before canon stick a nikon mount on one of their cameras.
    And so we have an opportunity for a machinist to ... make a few bucks ...
    (but if you got the Canon lenses, they're better than Nikon any day)

5. Collapse Details
    Hey guys,

just so you know, it was not the Scarlet, but the EPIC-X that was shown @ IBC by Jim and Jarred, both Brains, and they are ready to go, but still not working and awaiting for the ASIC, to be fully functional.

You can find the Original thread about EPIC-X @ IBC here, you also find few fantastic 360's of the Brain itself and the Bomb EVF, just follow the link: http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34492
    Last edited by KETCH ROSSI; 09-18-2009 at 08:50 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Oh I was told that the one Jim had was the Scarlet brain.

My mistake.

7. Collapse Details
    From the words of Jim at reduser RECON:

"Details of the release schedule for EPIC and Scarlet coming sometime in October. We are taking our time so you won't be disappointed."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123