Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Cola View Post
    Sorry didn't mean to bore u with social commentary, I'll stick to image quality cause THAT'S the most important thing to get out of this clip
    Though I think it should be noted that we've traded jello for cigarettes with the 7D.

2. Collapse Details
    let me bring in some images from the video so I can explain better what I mean by when I say that it clips easy, maybe its just my crazy mind, be right back....
    \

Quote Originally Posted by jls4 View Post
    Also remember you can change your "gamma" curve via the picture profile, so if you want to get more highlights in - you should eb able to. The camera is 14Bit, but the end result is 8-bit, you have to figure out what you need/want in the shot and prepare for that.

3. Collapse Details
    Simply amazing...wow.

Great work,

Kegan
    "I dream for a living" - Steven Spielberg

IMDb Page

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by aalleexx View Post
    let me bring in some images from the video so I can explain better what I mean by when I say that it clips easy, maybe its just my crazy mind, be right back....
    \
    This is a compressed vimeo clip, just something to keep in mind. It was compressed to HDV. Just saying that because any serious conclusions and pixelpeeping are kind of useless if you're not looking at the original footage. Not saying highlights aren't clipped, but without native clips and even a look at settings you might be making some incorrect assumptions.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
    Its not poverty,he has money for cigs,you dont have to feel sorry for them.But anyway lets back on topic, this proves that canon worked with jello problem and its not there anymore from what i see.
    It's there, but to such a small extent that I don't care about it. You can see a little in the roller coaster shot, and on the yellow fence near the end as the ride whirls past it (like we care). The only place where the CMOS was noticeable in a geek way was around 2:25 with the out-of focus blinking lights, a few of them lose the round shape because their frequency is close to that of the sensor scan. On the other hand I only noticed this by stepping through the individual frames, watching it in motion wasn't disturbing to me.

I'm taking a flying lesson next week, so if Canon wants to send me an early model I'll be happy to photograph the propeller

6. Collapse Details
    What a great piece... and no grading or additional lights used! Simply awesome. I'm assuming the 'punch' in the piece was due to dialed-up in-camera settings. Great stuff. Though I would really like to get my hands on some raw footage with 'flat' settings to play around with.
    Filmmaker Redux

7. Collapse Details
    ...diregard...wrong info...
    Last edited by Eddy Robinson; 09-09-2009 at 12:06 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    ok here is what I mean when I say that I feel the 7d clips or overexposes quite easy
    look at these 3 pictures

to me it feels that the cam did not provide any type of highlight protection, or rolloff, kinda what the knee function does on the panny cams, on my hpx or hmc
    I could see these shots clipping gradually, maybe I am wrong, maybe Barry can shine in on the subject and just tell me I am crazy and just put my crazy thoughts to rest, I have two d7's on pre-order by the way

I understand we dont have a full quality original file, but these shots are obviously clipped
    Last edited by aalleexx; 09-09-2009 at 11:21 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by aalleexx View Post
    Beautiful, the more and more I see footage from the 7d the more I realize that it has problems with the highlights, it clips really easy, am I crazy? someone shine in
    I agree - classic small sensor stuff - the most important feature is how it transits to clipped

Seeing white is fine, seeing flouro colours as you transition to white is bad news

but..

-The operator probably over exposed
    -Shooting midday is a nightmare on any digital device

Still i think the framerate has it so still a good cam but not a keeper

S

10. Collapse Details
    If the standard setting on the 7d is anything like the 5d, we really need to wait until someone calibrates one until we talk about highlight clipping. Picture Style editor is beautiful.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast