Thread: Channel 8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Ext Sarah's Driveway - you have this in reverse. The conversation is taking place INSIDE THE CAR so you need to put that masterslug first, then when Sarah gets out of the car, you are in her driveway.
    I probably should have used a VO for Andy. The way I invisioned it was that it was an establishing shot of the car and we hear more of the conversation that started in the previous scene. After that line, we would then cut into the car.

The cut from night to him brushing his teeth threw me off. I'd like him to look at himself in the mirror and 'recall' what happened earlier.

... the TV turned on itself... Simplify by just stating the TV is on even though he turned it off earlier.
    Makes sense. Thanks.

Makes no sense that he didn't recognize Sarah right way unless her hair covered her face, or the angle was off.
    I agree. I should have explained that her head was down and her hair was covering her face. I shot the on tv scenes last weekend and that was how I shot it.

Content - confusing. So that whole thing with Sarah never happened, just a deception? Why did she actually poke her eyes out? How was she forced to do this?
    The stuff on the TV with Sarah does happen. It happens after she enters the apartment. When Andy returns, he finds Sarah sitting on the couch, dead. The TV then shows Andy what happened to Sarah when she entered the apartment. Basically, the TV caught her attention and she became hyptonised by it and it convinced her to gouge her eyes out. I should have figured out a way to word it in the script to make it more clear. Thank you for your feedback.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustom Irani View Post
    That would explain the CLICK.
    Yep. That monster of yours was changing channels under water!

3. Collapse Details
    "good job in finishing on time" is not a backhanded condescending compliment. Some people could not get theirs out on time, some could not get an original idea, my "good job on time" meant you had an original thought and followed through.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123