Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Do you act in your films?
    For me, I'm just beginning to start planning for a film.. might be a short first.
    I'm a complete beginner to making films.
    I've worked as a professional wrestler, where we had cameras about...
    I've worked as an extra on 2 BIG budget hollywood productions to "see" how things works (I'm guessing indie features are similar.. but with alot less people, and alot less strictness)
    I've been on many stages as a frontman for a signed band, who played the hugely popular Yearly Vans Warped Tour with cameras everywhere.
    However.... having done all those things.. my areas SUCKS.. for film.

I have to drive at least 3 hrs one way to get close to anything thats going on, and the rare chance when something comes here.. I either miss it.. or something else. Being an extra and all is great.. but I want to get deeper into it. I know that the only way to do that is either A.... MOVE or B.... Make my own. A doesn't look so great because I am married with a son, and own my own house.. and I actually like where I live.

The GOOD thing about my area. Is I basically live in Deliveranceland.. and there are SO many sweet locations for horror movies to be had around here. Actually.. a few months ago George A. Romero's "The Crazies" remake was shot here right down the street.. and I was an extra in that (maybe even featured... dunno yet).

The point is, I enjoy films.. I enjoy watching them.. and I enjoy seeing how they are put together as well as getting in on the acting side. So I've decided to start making my own indie horror flicks myself as a gateway to bigger things that being an extra hasn't been able to do for me. I'm not looking to be a huge celebrity.. just want to do more than just stand in one spot for 12 hrs with 400 other people (not that it wasn't fun.. it was)

So, after reading this long boring story. How many of you guys making your own indie films are actors as well in your own films? Obviously, whoever is best for the parts would still be up for leads... but even cameo roles are cool!

Do you act in the films you make?

2. Collapse Details
    I eventually want to act in a film I produce but I first want to finish producing the two films we are workling on. I didn't want to take on more than I could chew and either let my producing duties falter or let my perfomance fall short. I think its a tough balancing act to do both and do them well. I suppose the smaller the scale of the project then it might be easier but it doesn't detract from the fact that you will have much more to do in preparing for both jobs. That goes for Directing too. Best of luck to you Azmyth.

3. Collapse Details
    I recently started studying acting bu directing is my first love. I plan on doing some minor roles in the future ala Tarantino

Why not ?

4. Collapse Details
    I act in my films...I started creating my own product rather than wait for stuff to happen...it works out pretty well for me but my performance definitely suffers when I do everything...I know many who do the same thing and also do it well...Conversely I know many that do a horrible job of it...

You need a good supporting crew/team and you have to be very good in certain areas...

An example of someone that does it well is a friend of mine Kely McClung who is also a member here...check out his latest film...
    (and yes, that's me in the Grey shirt and screaming my head off at the end!!!)

http://www.kerberosbites.com/pages/k...new_music.html

Cheers,
    Stan The Man

5. Collapse Details
    ...oh, by the way,...if you are a wrestler, you might notice WCW's Glacier in the trailer...Jason Cross is also in the film!

6. Collapse Details
    Joystick Member Richard J. Johnson's Avatar
    I always do a cameo. Last film I got shot, this film I get shot while having sex. With my wife no less. Don't ask.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stan harrington View Post
    I act in my films...I started creating my own product rather than wait for stuff to happen...it works out pretty well for me but my performance definitely suffers when I do everything...I know many who do the same thing and also do it well...Conversely I know many that do a horrible job of it...

You need a good supporting crew/team and you have to be very good in certain areas...

An example of someone that does it well is a friend of mine Kely McClung who is also a member here...check out his latest film...
    (and yes, that's me in the Grey shirt and screaming my head off at the end!!!)

http://www.kerberosbites.com/pages/k...new_music.html

Cheers,
    Stan The Man
    Pretty impressive trailer, Stan. Good acting all over it too, not the least of which was yours. I thought the young woman was also particularly impressive. I hope you all will keep us posted here as it develops. I'd love to see it whenever it's ready to be shown...
    "Behind the shelter in the middle of a roundabout
    A pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray
    And though she feels as if she's in a play
    She is anyway"

From "Penny Lane" by Lennon/McCartney

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks Ted...It's always nice to hear...

I always post upcoming screenings but this is a new section...I will definitely post here being theatre bred as an Actor...I manage the Stella Adler Theater so more than happy to help any budding actors...

Cheers,
    Stan The Man

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stan harrington View Post
    ...oh, by the way,...if you are a wrestler, you might notice WCW's Glacier in the trailer...Jason Cross is also in the film!

Yeah, I know Ray.. aka Glacier. I was on a few shows with him. He's a really nice guy. I also have seen Jason Cross before, he used to be up at NWA Wildside alot, up in Cornelia. I think he's with TNA now. Glacier is more my style though, the older style wrestling.

10. Collapse Details
    also, I've got a boom operator, and a bunch of other folks helping me. We kind of decided to break up as a "band" (I'm in a band) and become a film making crew instead. So I have 5 people at my disposal. One has already confirmed being a boom operator, and several others will do pretty much anything asked of them.. so we'll all learn together!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast