Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Isn't there no such thing as 24 fps PAL? That's basically an oxymoron.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by zergtherobot View Post
    Anybody read what Jim had to say over at RED... Seems like school yard stuff.

http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34369

I may have just become a Canon fanboy, can't wait until some proper test footage pops up.

Poor fella'

He's not stupid, it must be dawning on him that these DSLRs are slowly transgressing his once exclusive territory, if the best critique he can level against the 7D is that it is 'unfair' to 5DII owners you know Canon have hit a nerve.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
    What is the difference between 24fps NTSC 1080p and 24fps PAL 1080p ???

Quote Originally Posted by ydgmdlu View Post
    Isn't there no such thing as 24 fps PAL? That's basically an oxymoron.

That's what I was thinking ?

4. Collapse Details
    i dont think its unfair at all.. 5d mk II still works well as a Still cam with Full frame. Its not a dedicated video cam.

5. Collapse Details
    Jello looks to be better (than the 5DII)

http://vimeo.com/6372689

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ryansheffer View Post
    2.125 MB/s is correct. And I can tell you from experience using the 5d mark II and GH1 side by side. The codec is incomparable. The 5d's codec holds up better than most anything this side of RED/uncompressed including Sony's Ex1/Ex3. The GH1's codec is what has caused me to put mine up for sale. The 7d having a slightly better bitrate than the 5d is simply icing on the cake.
    it's quite a bit better if it's pumping out 5.5Mb @ 24p

I'm gonna hold onto my MKII until after the 7D arrives so I can run some aliasing, jello, low light and compression comparison tests if Kholi doesn't beat me to it.

jello should be better with 2 digic IV chips
    http://vimeo.com/squig GAMMA The Years of Darkness screenplay Official Selection of 2014 Beverly Hills Film Festival. Filming 2014.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Wilson View Post
    That's what I was thinking ?
    I read it that there might be 2 versions, like the GH1, with the PAL version being 24/25 switchable. That would be great if true.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Cola View Post
    OMFG THAT IS TOO FUNNY!
    I started film school on monday and they have a red that I have free access to but I'd rather shoot everything with the 7D because I know how to get great looking stuff out of the MKII and it's only going to look better with the 7D.
    http://vimeo.com/squig GAMMA The Years of Darkness screenplay Official Selection of 2014 Beverly Hills Film Festival. Filming 2014.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    You know what I'm looking forward to the most? The long, drawn out sigh I'll emit when I realize that I don't have to worry about jello, mud, video out, stairstep remove, twixtor 30p to 24p and best of all... wrapping my head around Full Frame Cinematography.

A Camera that can be used to achieve the most desired effect, without hassle, is priceless.
    all that and no dropped frames on slow pans would be a kinda nice feature. After much suffering with the D90, MKII, GH1 I think we all deserve a DSLR that actually works.

10. Collapse Details
    No SDHD or dual card support? How dare they!!!! And I've seen a 4GB limit on clips as well as a 12.5 minute maximum...does 12.5 minutes = 4GB? I looked at the footage, was blown away, pre ordered mine from Amazon 10 minutes ago. Thank you Canon!!!!! We're best friends for life now.
    "All i need in a camera is out there, just not in the same body at the same time. :-) " mattsand

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast