Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    So enough with the Barby Dolls then as my friend sais to me. So now I have to impress her with something. I understand. I'll see what I can do.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

2. Collapse Details
    Hey thanks Gord. I think you did a good job on her face. Daz3d sounds really interesting. I'm going to look into it. I have long since wanted to become a better modeler but am accepting the reality that I will never have the time. So maybe daz3d can help me out.

3. Collapse Details
    Hey, Just a random post here. I'm working on a new wokrflow and Mark Johnson was kind enough to provide me with hi-res photos. It's too early to elaborate yet but I have based his head mesh around the Daz3d G3M mesh. Now, I had to write two scripts in C4D to get around a workflow limitation in ZBrush, and, just saying I guess, I am still working with the Genesis meshes. Primarily because they are already rigged and weighted AND I have all of thier morphs available, for example, the youth/age morphs.

Anyways, it's very complicated, and I WILL update with what I've learned and I hope you come back. I "could" post a quikie from a few weeks ago getting the G3M mesh lined up in Zbrush. (fkn pain in the ass haha.) BRB.
    //But I'm not giving everything away yet until I have it all down.

// This is very early on in the process getting it prepped for ZBrush. The rest I can't share quite yet. -Cheers man.
    http://s179.photobucket.com/user/The...tml?sort=3&o=0
    Last edited by Gord.T; 04-12-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

4. Collapse Details
    I've been following Marlon R. Nunez for awhile. He's been doing some very nice work and definitely inspiring me.
    I'm certainly learning things from him as he shares a lot of his workflow.
    I'm essentially playing catch-up here.

Here's a plug for him:

https://www.artstation.com/artist/mrnunez

https://www.facebook.com/art.of.mrnunez

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=8302478

5. Collapse Details
    I'm working on it. WIP. Still a number of things to figure out. Everything is on seperate layers so it's not set in stone yet.
    Still have the nose and right face to finish as well as the forehead and so on.
    No eyes yet in this photo, just a reference of them in the eye cavity.
    No paint yet, ect.
    It's a learning process.

Last edited by Gord.T; 04-30-2017 at 03:48 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    -Reserved.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 04-30-2017 at 03:45 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    -Reserved.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 04-30-2017 at 03:45 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Scultpris is a free digital sculpting program. Bought by Zbrush. I've tried it. It's great to have a play with to determine if digital sculpting is something that you want to proceed with. Zbrush ofcourse would be the next step. [I'm not by any means a sculpter. For analog models it's about the only way to go i.m.o. Just a matter of learning.]

http://pixologic.com/sculptris/

9. Collapse Details
    And any questions,comments or suggestions are welcome. I'm learning this as I go and can only hope that I'm getting some of it right. The size of the skin detail texture, which Photobucket scales down the images and can't be seen here, is one of my concerns.
    Lacking any feedback, I'll have to find out how close I am the hard way as I get further down the pipeline. Frustrating? Yes. -Cheers.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 04-30-2017 at 01:36 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Looks good, Gord. I wish I had your skills

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast