Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimothy View Post
    Nice work man. Keep it up.
    Thanks, Slimothy. Glad you liked it, man.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

2. Collapse Details
    Wow your movie seems to have everything! action, gore, comedy. I really enjoyed this. Lots of hard work. excellent.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks so much, Lee. Glad you enjoyed it enough to drop a line.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

4. Collapse Details
    Once again a great short from you. Excellent production. Well done.

5. Collapse Details
    Marlon, I had just been leaving a review and saw your banner. A western! I watched right away because I was so intrigued that someone tackled that genre. You did an excellent job. It seemed like the lighting conditions changed a little between a few shots, but other than that I thought it was good throughout. I really dig the older guy with the gut. He looks the part. I feel like I've seen him get shot in other westerns as a bad guy. I think that was you in the lead right? If so, I think you did a great job. I'm pretty new to dvxuser but I've seen the banner to one of your earlier films...now I really want to check that one out as well! Again, Great Job.

6. Collapse Details
    Again, that lead that was also in your western ... AMAZING voice, great look ... SO wish he lived on the west coast, up near Portland. Meaning, to put him in a film ... in case that sounds like something else, lol.

Loved your shots in this, and the editing was off the hook ... great, great job ... very inspirational stuff. Really loved the diversity you have between your films here ... to me, that means a LOT of growth & maturity as a filmmaker, to be able to be diverse ... the reason I'm venturing out into comedy now.

Everyone looked & sounded great in here (very solid sound design/mixing, as well as score) ... however, I just lost track of who was who, with regards to being with the gal, being the next to be killed or to kill, why the white guy was killed at the end, if the beginning was the end or the end was the beginning, and on & on. So, entertaining, but at the end of the film, I think I was completely lost ... all though it was a cool film to get lost in.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

7. Collapse Details
    I love that opening quote.

Your locations throughout the city are awesome. I love how you took advantage of the city and really made it feel like a part of the film. Slightly off subject, but that is one of my favorite things about shooting in NYC, nobody pays any attention to you.

Anyway, I also really dug the edit. I thought it gave the film a great feel - almost a documentary quality.

I still can't believe you got two films done for the fest. Well done and best of luck.

8. Collapse Details
    Marlon, is it just me or is your thread screwy? I click to discuss "the end" and it brings me to "the jones". well anyway, here's my review of "the end":

loved it. i scored you very high because you really took me through NYC and utilized the city as a character. I sold my soul 10 years ago and moved from NYC to Hollywood, so watching your short made me miss NYC. I like what you did with the 3 characters all telling their story and the way they meet up at the end and then... it ends. i like it. it felt very tony scott to me. it felt like the intro to a feature length film. like, if you have credits rolling over this and all their narrations and then when they sit down in times square at the end, THATS when the movie really begins.

oh and i loved the music in the background, it was cool. now, all the actors did a solid VO but their voices were soft, almost whispers, and the only thing the audio track needs is a compressor on it
    which would give their voice some punch and thus more effective.

i want to see more of this, great work.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526