Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    SHADY TEXAS web pilot
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    ADDED 8/21/10 TRAILER. Yay!

ADDED 3/28/10 TEASER

there's something dark in ... "SHADY TEXAS"

"Beacon" the web series* pilot / teaser for "SHADY TEXAS"
    The * is for the fact that as of right now there are no plans for producing the rest of the series. We made the pilot for fun, as a stand alone (albeit an unresolved standalone), as part of a larger project (more on that later), and in the off chance someone might want to option it or produce the rest of the series online or elsewhere.

SPECIAL THANKS to AUSTIN FILM MEETUP and SMITHVILLE TEXAS
    (individuals to be named soon).

CREDITS BELOW.

SHADY TEXAS
    - WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY JACK DANIEL STANLEY

- SHOT BY VINCENT PASCOE
    - PRODUCED BY BARRY GREEN / WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH STUDIOS in ASSOCIATION WITH JDS/ FRENCH QUARTER FEATURES

KEY/INVALUABLE CREW INCLUDE: ADRIAN GOLDEN, BRANDON BOGGS, H. CHERDON BEDFORD, LOUIS MONCIVIAS GUTIERREZ, DREW OTT, MARK GARDNER, LUIS CAFFESSE, CLIFF WILDMAN, DAVE RUTLEDGE, BRIAN MORGAN, SHEILA TAMBLE ...

STARRING:
    GARRY PETERS
    KYLIE BAKER
    CHRIS HIGGINS
    LAURIE COKER
    LOUIS MONCIVIAS GUTIERREZ
    LEAH SIMONETTA

CAST PICS and BEHIND THE SCENES SHOTS SOON.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

2. Collapse Details
    Behind the scenes
    CLICK IMAGES TO VISIT THE
    SHADY TEXAS PHOTO GALLERY

All photos by H. Cherdon Bedford

3. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    SHADY TEXAS WINS BEST WEBISODE AT SHRIEKFEST IN L.A.

with festival director Denise Gossett

4. Collapse Details
    reserved 3

5. Collapse Details
    MOVED INITIAL POSTS HERE since I forgot to reserve a few for BTS stuff (self noobed)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Rice View Post
    When/Where do we get to see it Jack?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel Stanley View Post
    Just beginning editing. Trying to switch from FCP to Premiere. So with the NLE switch, probably sometime in the next decade or so.

We're trying to get everything done in August. But many irons in the fire right now.
    Cool! Why the switch?
    I'm tired of color grading in FCP 10 bit. Also it doesn't play as well with Cineform which I think is a bit better than ProRes. Also After Effects is still better than Motion. So I want to do my color grading and FX in Premiere / After Effects with cineform and 32 bit float. I'm really having trouble getting to know these alien (to me) programs but the image is sooo much better.

So better IMAGE quality with more features in Premiere and After Effects. This is hard for me to say having worked with FCP since 2004. I dabbled with Premiere a bit before that but only a few times and it's so different now.
    Gotcha

Yeah, I'm still on my ol' Avid... work with a guy who uses AE quite a bit, and we've figured out a good workflow, but it's still tricky sometimes... and as for mastering, yeah Premiere has some advantages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Sconce View Post
    Welcome to the Dark side....mwa ha ha. I have been with premiere for a while now. I think you will learn it quite quickly.

I am STOKED to see more of this project Jack. -Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-T View Post
    Wow...you sure know how to hype things up. I am also eager to see this movie...at least a trailer..lol. But I have to say way to go.
    Ian, the newspaper was all Smithville - they know how to hype it up ... OK I do too. But they're way on top of this kind of stuff in addition to being awesome in every other way. And it will be a full 8 to 10-ish minute "webisode". Not just trailer. The story will be a bit more of a tease though in so much that it will introduce some of the mystery but leave it unresolved until the next episode (which currently there is no plan to make ... muahhahahaha!)
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM

6. Collapse Details
    Sounds cool. Can't wait to see it.

So you're still on a Mac or switched to Premier on PC?

7. Collapse Details
    Still on a mac. I feel blasphemous liking something over FCP. I will have to spend some extra time with some of my iphone apps that do things like control my home stereo in order to feel clean again.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM

8. Collapse Details
    Looking forward to it, man!!!

9. Collapse Details
    I'm tired of color grading in FCP 10 bit. Also it doesn't play as well with Cineform which I think is a bit better than ProRes. Also After Effects is still better than Motion. So I want to do my color grading and FX in Premiere / After Effects with cineform and 32 bit float. I'm really having trouble getting to know these alien (to me) programs but the image is sooo much better.

So better IMAGE quality with more features in Premiere and After Effects. This is hard for me to say having worked with FCP since 2004. I dabbled with Premiere a bit before that but only a few times and it's so different now.
    I'm really curious about this. I've had CS4 for some time and just haven't gotten into using it beyond specific necessary situations, which has been only twice thus far. Are you saying you've been color grading in FCP and it doesn't work with Cineform well? What about Color and what about the new ProRes 4444 codec? Would that make a difference with the issue you're referring to?

10. Collapse Details
    Wow missed this question, was about to bump the thread because I just added photos.

Mike it's not that the color grading in FCP doesn't work worse with Cineform than it does with anything else. It's 2 things:

1. 10 bit color grading in FCP is extremely limited. Especially when it comes to any sort of power windows or relighting. You will likely see vingettes stair stepped with banding for example.

2. FCP doesn't work well with unknown / non FCP codecs. You just can't do all the real time monitoring and rendering with Cineform because FCP is made to work better with apple codecs. So you have to bring your neoscene stuff into a proress timeline and render it in pro res if you want it to play on an external monitor fore example, then duplicate your timeline when you are done, change the codec to cineform, re-render then output.

BUT ....

The workflow I described above has been to processor intensive. I just can't get premiere to run worth a flip on my macbook pro. It's almost like a practical joke application. It opens and looks fancy, but literally does nothing.

Anyway .... pictures with links to galleries added at the top posts. BUMP (sort of).
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast