1. Collapse Details
    Can't import mp3 to Sony Vegas 9
    I have Sony Vegas Pro 9, the 64-bit version, and it won't let me use mp3! Its really making me frustrated... It says that an error has occured or "none of the files dropped on Vegas Pro could be opened." I've been looking around for help and I've seen others with the same problem. Someone said it had something to do with the 64-bit version? I dont know. Anyone with the 32-bit version with the same problem, or the 64-bit as a matter of fact? No one seemed to be able to really answer why it won't let us (us as in with the same problem) use mp3 in Vegas 9. Vegas will let me import wav audio, but it doesn't have the same quality as the mp3. mp3 is so common, why wouldn't Vegas be able to play it :S

Thanks for reading. Help is very much appreciated
    Last edited by Neoma; 07-22-2009 at 08:46 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Eugenia Loli-Queru's Avatar
    Well, you can always try install the 32bit version of Vegas in parallel to your 64bit one and retry. If it still doesn't do it, then it means that Vegas doesn't support the specific mp3 format (depending how they were encoded).

3. Collapse Details
    Make sure the music is not copy protected. Also try to install quick time. This may fix your issue. I think it installs a codec that you might be missing.

4. Collapse Details
    why not just convert it to a wav file ?? i drop my mp3 files into Soundforge or Adobe Audition, convert it and then drop it back in vegas.

5. Collapse Details
    audacity is a great program (free) which comverts to different formats, its a vegas issue, just convert the mp3 to maybe a wav file

6. Collapse Details
    open the mp3 in iTunes, right click it and select convert to wav and then use the wav file.

did you get anything to work yet?
    Luis R Cosme