Thread: Hurt Locker

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Saw it yesterday. Wow. I have been a fan of Bigelow's work ever since The Loveless but it looks as though this is the one that will finally put her over the top and attract the kind of recognition she deserves.

Really magnificent, all around. Tight script, great performances and not so much as a gram of excess fat, anywhere.
    The key to success is being too dumb to know when to quit.

Motion Picture & Television Art Directors' Guild :: IATSE Local 800 :: Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Star Trek: Into Darkness (nominated, 2013)
    ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Mockingbird Lane (nominated, 2012)
    ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Avatar (2010)

2. Collapse Details
    I finally understand the use of the word 'gripping' in movie reviews. This one grabbed me by the throat in the first minutes and spent the next couple hours squeezing the air out of my lungs. I seriously think I could only shallow breathe the whole way through this movie. Very good, and you can really recognize the Bigelow handprint all over it.

3. Collapse Details
    amazing film.
    Director / Writer / Editor
    "We're like comparing paint by numbers to Picaso or Van Gogh..." - Jeremy Hyler
    http://www.youtube.com/user/spyderjch
    http://www.funnyordie.com/jeremyhyler
    www.filmlifefilms.com
    twitter: @jeremyhyler

4. Collapse Details
    I liked Renner in 28 WEEKS LATER as well. Here in the sticks, we'll have to wait for DVD unless LOCKER comes to the local art cinema.

5. Collapse Details
    Renner's in 28 Weeks Later?

Now I'll have to see it.

Motion Picture & Television Art Directors' Guild :: IATSE Local 800 :: Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Star Trek: Into Darkness (nominated, 2013)
    ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Mockingbird Lane (nominated, 2012)

6. Collapse Details
    Great Flick. Renner was awesome. Anthony Mackie surprised the hell out of me with a performance every bit as good as Renner's. And Guy Pearce needs to make more movies...or at least be in more good ones like this.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

7. Collapse Details
    I guess it's a measure of how eager Pearce was to be involved, that he took what's basically a cameo role, albeit an important one.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad Max View Post
    I guess it's a measure of how eager Pearce was to be involved, that he took what's basically a cameo role, albeit an important one.
    Yeah, although I quickly figured out what Kathryn's strategy was with the use of more well known actors, so when Ralph Fiennes showed up...

SPOILER WARNING

...I knew what the outcome was going to be. She kind of turned the red-shirt inside out.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

9. Collapse Details
    I thought it was good if not entirely realistic to how EOD guys operate over in the sandbox.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

10. Collapse Details
    good movie, but im scared Renner is getting typecast. (Hate to see this happen to good actors) I first saw him at the screening of "Neo Ned". He seems to be the same character in everything. (admit i never saw Dahmer) but 28weeklater, neo ned, The Unusuals....
    Spyfest Entry = "Check" ---- Hallowfest Entry = "The Circle" ---- Twilightfest Entry = "Hello Hello"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast