Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Okay do this.. when you captured the footage... it should have saved and logged the files into whatever folder you designated the capture scratch. Open one of those files in to QuickTime, and then click "Command + i" to get info on the video file. Screen shot that window so I can see what your settings are.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by blindbuzta View Post
    Okay do this.. when you captured the footage... it should have saved and logged the files into whatever folder you designated the capture scratch. Open one of those files in to QuickTime, and then click "Command + i" to get info on the video file. Screen shot that window so I can see what your settings are.
    Quick Time won't recognize the MXF file. Can't open it.

3. Collapse Details
    ah... so you edited natively. okay, so export using DVCPro NTSC and make sure your quality settings are at the highest and the resolution is at the 1280x720 and you should be good to go.

4. Collapse Details
    Not sure if this helps but....

Is there a setting to export same as timeline? For example Im on FCP, and I can just export my DVCProHD timeline as DVCProHD. My TRT is about 5:30 and the export was 2.3 GB, as you would expect for 720P, and I dont have to fiddle with any settings.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

5. Collapse Details
    ah... so you edited natively. okay, so export using DVCPro NTSC and make sure your quality settings are at the highest and the resolution is at the 1280x720 and you should be good to go.
    And export as what? Are you referring to when I export it as a mov and see the following window

Because when I go that route and choose the option "Apple DV/DVCPRO - NTSC" it won't allow me to take the resolution any higher than 720x480.

Honestly it seems that the h.264 codec is the only option that'll work. Is there a problem with that codec? Also, I'd like to complain that the mods never mentioned any sort of format for these to be, avi, mov, whatever. This is so frustrating.

6. Collapse Details
    The h.264 codec, from what i understand, is designed for web compression, so the resolution of the picture blown up to any large scale will likely suffer.

I'd try to encode with MPEG2-DVD and adjust the bitrate to the highest setting that will still allow the file to fit on the disc -- the length of the movie will determine what rate you'd use, so you'll have to employ some math to figure it out.

Unless there's an easier way -- which I'm sure there is. Anyone?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by armisiano View Post
    And export as what? Are you referring to when I export it as a mov and see the following window

Because when I go that route and choose the option "Apple DV/DVCPRO - NTSC" it won't allow me to take the resolution any higher than 720x480.

Honestly it seems that the h.264 codec is the only option that'll work. Is there a problem with that codec? Also, I'd like to complain that the mods never mentioned any sort of format for these to be, avi, mov, whatever. This is so frustrating.
    That same thing happens to me when I export in DV/DVCPRO so I know your pain. Though H264 is a web HD setting I've projected it many times on a 720P projector, and it has looked excellent. For what it's worth. Just make sure your gamma settings are accurate, etc.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

8. Collapse Details
    Damn! Do you have QuickTime Pro? That might be why you don't have more options available...

9. Collapse Details
    Damn! Do you have QuickTime Pro? That might be why you don't have more options available...
    That's what I have, and the options are limited to that as well.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

10. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Dude, Zak says they also take MXF files, so you can export to the P2 Format. I'm exporting tonight and will let you know my settings.

Were you editing in 960x720 or 720x480? You might have had so scale down if it was 720 NTSC.

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast