Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Lawrie's Exciting Erotic Video Feedback Thread!
    Yes my little darlings,

from the Adolescent American Yankee writing a tearful drama about a teen on the verge of suicide over the loss of a pink ipod, to the Ukranian arthouse drama decorated with the latest in synthesised electro soundtracks (with casts wearing clothes only i would consider fashionable hehe) I shall be providing charming feedback to them all!

While Lossfest saw the terrifying emergence of my Audio reviews (which comprised of me recording myself doing improvised responses...) a bit like the erotic Lawrie phone service actually (numbers will be included later in this post).

Press 1. for Sigmund Freud
    Press 2. For Lucian Frued
    Press 3. for Salvador Dali (he's popular in Bohemian circles.)

Anyway...

This time i shall be providing video feedback - yes VIDEO! I call it feedback because while one would normally say 'review' its just offensive really for a participant in the festival to 'review' their peers work. I should add that the feedback will be posted after at least the first round of voting.

The feedback will comprise of a focus on the ideas behind the story, the story itself, and the films purpose. These are qualities i consider important in a film and what i intend to focus on. However, i will discuss also other technical artistic elements, such as performances and cinematography, sound design etc and particularly writing.

The idea behind this is that they can help filmmakers with a more intellectual focussed discussion of their film - where as most feedback tends to focus on particular specific elements (most of which technical.)

It should also provide filmmakers with a kalaidescope of wonderful quotes (and yes im sure i did not spell kalasdcopse right... or is it kolosocopes ARGH.)

Because I am a narcisstic megalomaniac who likes to celebrate himself, akin to a man booking himself for his own entertainment in a room filled with magic mirrors... then of course It won't just be an ordinary feedback video!

We are going with a charming kitsch British perspective of 19th Parisian inspired eroticism with a hint of burlesque and debauchery. This is the only way i can motivate myself to such ridiculous lengths and the next stage of this exciting thread will be the audition of my wonderful assistant!

Yes, for while I'll have wine... suit and tails hehe she will be making her own additional comments in something a little more comfortable (though she may not have my sense of humour.)

So gentlemen... take a deep breath.
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

2. Collapse Details
    I look forward to your fantibulous feedback.

(nice avatar pic BTW)

3. Collapse Details
    (nice avatar pic BTW)
    Solomon is this your way of flirting! If so i have demands you know, i expect hot chocolate and cookies - only saying (Actually im sure thats a sexual expression in Nevada) we'll not do that!

Here you go Solomon -

Hehe and if there is a particulary discerning young lady who might be viewing ;) mioweee
    Last edited by lawriejaffa; 07-04-2009 at 04:53 PM.
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

4. Collapse Details
    Joy.

5. Collapse Details
    Oh... you're just beggin' to be bobbled!

6. Collapse Details
    The only difference between you Zaza and a hermaphodite prostitute is that he/she will add to the end of your line...

Oh... you're just beggin' to be bobbled 'giiiirlfriend'!

Its a pre-op thing probably...

And so the mods appreciate that i understand... my bizarre responsive post to dear Zaza will probably not last long here. But if it does, i honestly believe it will lead to the spread of Democracy in the Middle East (somewhere between Edinburgh and Inverness)

7. Collapse Details
    Oh my!

8. Collapse Details
    Muhahaha, but yes this is a fun thread, which i believe will have useful info - and its also my apolagetic sorry i couldnt post more in all your film threads - er mega post! But the video and detail into your films i hope makes up for my somewhat anti-social little posting in all of your threads.

Will you gentlemen be fine letting me use footage during the review of your films? I'll make a list. That will at least give me some cutaways to drink the wine i'll be holding :P

9. Collapse Details
    No problem using footage from "Miss Laid"...

10. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Go ahead and use my footage. Knock yourself out.

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast