Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Matt, lots of things I really dug about this film. I really enjoyed the twist ending to see that this guy actually cleaned up his own problem ... on mistake. How his mentor helped him to take care of his own problem, etc.

The acting, for the most part, was excellent. I really liked their moment in the kitchen the best, especially from the lead. Subtle things ... pauses. Nice direction. Good camera work as well, and stylish editing, giving it a pulp fiction, gritty feel, for which seems to be your niche.

My only major quip would be the choreography of the fighting, but perhaps this was intentional ... while the lead has tough guy written all over him (to a degree) because of his build & looks, he moves like a gay ballerina outside the elevator has he throws an insane straight armed haymaker at the guy (the follow up gut shot was good), and then kind of bitch slaps him in the end, to only THEN pull out the gun he could have silenced him with in the first place (again, firing it in a fancy, West Hollywood sort of way).

That nit-pick aside, I really enjoyed this, as I do your other works as well. And again, GREAT ending, and solid acting.

Oh, audio ... I'm sure you know that could be improved, specifically the dialogue. I'm sure there were some recording issues, but a lot that could probably be refined further in post to make it all mesh better (referring back to the opening kitchen scene). That said, I really liked the phone call walking him through all the actions, and the sound on that was good.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

2. Collapse Details
    i want to thank you all who took the time to watch my short and comment, and i'll be replying to all of your comments any day now. unfortunately for me i got SLAMMED with a gazillion jobs as soon as
    i got this short done, and i have not been able to promote or be social at all. but thank you all so much for the constructive input, as it really does make me a better filmmaker!
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

3. Collapse Details
    yeah your next film should be monster solution

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234