Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    can't figure it out
    I bought this exact computer model and addonics adapter but I can't seem to get the drivers to work. I followed the directions, plugged in the adapter (the computer recognized it and said it was ready to be used), installed the newest drivers, inserted the P2 card AND addonics adapter at the same time, and it recognized the USB mass storage device but not the P2 card. Following along with the videos from the addonics tutorial, if I try to manually install the drivers, Panasonic P2 card is not an option for the hardware. I've also tried booting up the computer with the adapter and P2 card already inserted. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Any thoughts on where I am going wrong?

2. Collapse Details
    It sounds like you did not install the drivers manually correctly. Call Addonics tech support they will help out.

3. Collapse Details
    I have been in contact with addonics support through email and their conclusion seemed to be that the adapter might just not work with my computer, but this thread proves that it can.

The problem with installing the drivers manually is I can't really get the chance to. The computer recognizes the usb mass storage device, but then does NOT say "Panasonic P2 card found" like in the addonics tutorial video. Then when I go to manually install, Panasonic P2 card is not an option for the hardware to install the drivers to. It is like the drivers don't install at all, yet I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them many times, exactly like in the video or the manual says to do. That's why I'm stumped. I guess I will call addonics and give that a try tomorrow.

4. Collapse Details
    Try to retrace your steps exactly. I've done this, and I didn't get all the same prompts, but if you follow the instructions, it will work (if it's the right Lenovo, anyway). Good luck!

5. Collapse Details
    Does anybody know what the story is with the extra plastic piece that comes shipped with this addonics card? It looks like it should attach to the card somehow to make the form factor bigger for the 54mm card slot but I can not figure out how to secure it to the card.
    www.HDunderH2O.com
    High Definition Underwater Production & Stock Footage

6. Collapse Details
    Does anybody know what the story is with the extra plastic piece that comes shipped with this addonics card? It looks like it should attach to the card somehow to make the form factor bigger for the 54mm card slot but I can not figure out how to secure it to the card.
    I dont think it attaches to the card. I think it is to be left in the 54mm slot.

7. Collapse Details
    Also, if someone wants to save a few bucks building this configuration, consider using the Rosewill adapter instead of the Addonics. Seems like it's probably the same thing, but a little less expensive (I got it at $25 with free shipping from Newegg, but it looks like they've raised the price up to $40).

8. Collapse Details
    I upgraded the battery on my S10e and it will run the netbook for about 6 hours. only 60 bucks from BUY.com

9. Collapse Details
    This specific Lenovo S10e model seems to have been supplanted by models not sporting an Express Card slot. Any updates on similar, perhaps better solutions? Or should we be snapping these up before they are all gone because they have been proven performers for the specific task of P2 offloading. At the price, I'm not opposed to using proven older technology to get the job done rather than beta testing a potentially faster but unproven different model; i.e. taking a risk on something loaded with Windows 7 as opposed to reliable proven XP that works with existing drivers...
    Lowest Gear Productions
    http://www.lowestgear.com

10. Collapse Details
    bestbuy has them on sale for $200
    SKU: 9648687

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast